Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [8 posts ] 
     Post subject:Back-up, Multi-Hacking, Tools
    PostPosted:Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:29 pm 

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been around for so god**** long.

First off all let's shed some light into my new Idea's.

Because i'm study-ing IT (yeh)
    I've become an LAN/Network student at Cisco, not only does this means quiete alot of knowledge over Networking but also Utilizing them.

Our School has a LAN network, Wireless for the Laptop users.
    This LAN is based upon Key encryption, without it you can't access the LAN network.

Our Desktop Network is Firewalled Thus hackable.

However Uplink is set in the future, how come there's still alot of (analog) connections going around?

I mean Hubs on a network in 2010?
    Man everything should be wirelessly.

Thus adding a new Challenge, Wireless hacking.

What you might do is getting the key, the prob is, it uses rotatable strings for it's encryption.

Wich means that the code changes in intervalls, what you need to do is Try to find the company that gives them their security, and get the newest Allgorythm, this will allow you to gain access to the LAN.

BUT, what IF the LAN is not connect trough the Internet?
    It becomes unhackable, because it's not connected to the internet.
    For this you need to break into a Terminal and Start from there.

But THEREFORE you might need to hack their Connection, wich might be wirelessly.

There again there comes the challenge.

Now I don't know if this IS possible, so it's just a rough sketch.

Now the second one,

Every major company is Utilizing the use of Back-ups.
    It's not clever not to use them, this Back-up is not always used for security but for Network (mainframe, Server) faillure.

There could be two ways to gain control over these files.

Conducting a Power Faillure, will stall the main server, granting you time to Destroy/Reset their Back-up DataBase.

After the Power Kicks in you have limited time to gain access to the Primary server and Gain control over Their files.

Because the Sec. DB is called Done for, no back-up is being made.

Or you could,

Delete the Config.xxx files witch has the configuration for the Back-up server witouth this, the Back-up generator is cut-off.
    Depending on the Company level, the Sys Admin might be allerted to this.

TOOLS.

Off course all of these new Missions IDEA's
    Need new tools,

The coolest thing is you need an Wireless Relay that is configureable.

A satalite, or a fully customized Router to break into wireless or intercept connections.

A Algorythm decrypter, wich will grant you the networking key.
    Algorythm Changer, Send in a New algorythm so that the company doesn't have the abillity to gain access to their own Network.

This according to me is Possible, some are even possible NOW and some are based on pure Theoraticle points.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 am 

I like the idea of Wireless hacking.
    The great thing with wireless is that there are very simple and defined levels of security: WEP, WPA, WPA-2.
    Maybe implement some form of packet analysis trojan that you have to run on some LANs to do anything with them (i.e you connect, see the modem but you can't run any tools on it until you break the WEP, WPA or WPA-2 encryption, and you need version 1, 2 or 3 to break the retrospective encryption protocals).

The key length would simply cause the time it takes to break the encryption to increase or decrease.

Of course, Onlink is in the future, and as WEP is basically classed as obselete by now, so encryption standards should be made up, like Secure Wireless Extended Encryption Protocal (SWEEP) and Wireless Data Protection (WDP). Hey, I made them up on the spot.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 am 

How about some tools that Let's the Main Server think your the Local Host,

Or comming from Within the network, I mean that's exactlly what you'll have to do before you gain access to a LAN.

Searching the IP of the LAN but you also have to Adjust YOUR IP.
    As there things like "Scopes" These either Include or Exclude ranges.
    To make this happen you need to Find the Host server*
    But that could be done by a Simple Program, that does this shit automaticlly but it is also more do-able.

Crash it, then you can gain access.

*Apperantlly I think it's easier to make A new kind of Server instead of Coding one.
    eg We have public and MainFrames and stuff, these are all related.

The host server is the Computer that runs the show, crash that and all configuration will be gone, Security.
    Than you can succesfully try to pry into the LAN as it's configuration is lost.

Post subject:Re: Back-up, Multi-Hacking, Tools
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:23 am 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    <...>I mean Hubs on a network in 2010?
    Man everything should be wirelessly.

Thus adding a new Challenge, Wireless hacking.

What you might do is getting the key, the prob is, it uses rotatable strings for it's encryption.
    You brong up an interesting point, however, my counter-point is this: the LAN areas are based specifically on companies, and if a bunch of people are sitting around at desks, it would be more convient to hardwire them all together. Remember, even if your network is perfectly secure from outside hackers, even with wired, you're vunerable to a blackbag job, and if you go wireless, it's much easier to get in without that step (in theroy, it's not exactly like I've practiced this)

As for your rotatable strings, it's being developed under the name of "Session Key"
    Quote:
    Every major company is Utilizing the use of Back-ups.
    It's not clever not to use them, this Back-up is not always used for security but for Network (mainframe, Server) faillure.

There could be two ways to gain control over these files.

Conducting a Power Faillure, will stall the main server, granting you time to Destroy/Reset their Back-up DataBase.
    ...DDoS?
    Quote:
    After the Power Kicks in you have limited time to gain access to the Primary server and Gain control over Their files.
    Why? Because the connection hasn't been established? But then, you wouldn't be able to make use of it either... Also, the thought of killing the power supply is kind of a moot point... UPSs and all.
    Quote:
    Delete the Config.xxx files witch has the configuration for the Back-up server witouth this, the Back-up generator is cut-off.
    Depending on the Company level, the Sys Admin might be allerted to this.
    Now this is something original. I like this one.
    Quote:
    A Algorythm decrypter, wich will grant you the networking key.
    Key generator will be found at the said company's central mainframe.
    Quote:
    Algorythm Changer, Send in a New algorythm so that the company doesn't have the abillity to gain access to their own Network.
    Kind of along the lines of LAN_Spike... The system will continue to actively trace you, but the admin cannot manually disconnect you (nor can the system, I might add. I always hated delete missions when I kept losing my connection...)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:59 am 
    External Project Staff

I really like this one. Mayby there could be an complete new type of lan. working different.

The satallite idea is good. But mayby it can be a bit different. As you said the game is in the future. So why don't add in this new network type a main satallite (mayby every major organisation has an satallite/satallites in the future).

But before you can hack you need to find the satallite. For this you need the satallite code. You can find this on a normal servers/LANs. If you have this you need to break in to sattalite. The only problem here is that satallites turn around the planet, So your connection can be lost/slowed down at any time.

As soon as you break in the satallite you can break in servers spread around the planet or mayby other satallites. But the problem still is the time limit because satallites fly over earth. The connections get very difficult in this way.

But as I sayed mayby MAJOR organisations can have satallites. So the satallite network will have very good protection. And the connections will be coded by SWEEP/WDA. So new hacking programs are needed.

If we make these processes need a lot CPU. A satallite connection (as there was in onlink BETA 2, with bandwith of 40Gq/s or higher) and complete new security design.

We can also add the use of multiply gateways. Per example, you need the first gateway to open an connection for you, the 2nd gateway to an other satallite, as soon as the the 1st connection closes the 2nd will disconnect.

So all this you need to do is dig deeper and deeper into the satalite LAN before you can find what you need. There is time enough because you can't be traced directly from the air. The company needs lots of time before they can determine you place (So mayby to delete your logs you need to crash the satallite)

But REMEMBER this is an IDEA for in the FUTURE, not the next version of onlink.

Last edited by ChaosR on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:30 pm 

Quote:
    You brong up an interesting point, however, my counter-point is this: the LAN areas are based specifically on companies, and if a bunch of people are sitting around at desks, it would be more convient to hardwire them all together. Remember, even if your network is perfectly secure from outside hackers, even with wired, you're vunerable to a blackbag job, and if you go wireless, it's much easier to get in without that step (in theroy, it's not exactly like I've practiced this)
    It's in the Future I think the Security is being developed as we speak to make things more secure.

Now I don't strive for absolute Perfection or Realism, cause'let's face it Uplink is Hollywood hacking.

The thing is there are interesting things to be added, then there's also making anything change to wildly from the normal formula is going to make ppl nuts.

And the coders/developers aswell.

Then again If you have a large company making every computer HardWire is going to cost ALOT, If There's one crack you'll have to search the whole 10 km of hardwire to see the leak.

It's just that we haven't seen anything promissing from Wireless.
    But in 2010 I'm pretty sure Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth is going to be the next standard

Post subject:Re:
    PostPosted:Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:27 pm 

Quote:
    I really like this one. Mayby there could be an complete new type of lan. working different.

The satallite idea is good. But mayby it can be a bit different. As you said the game is in the future. So why don't add in this new network type a main satallite (mayby every major organisation has an satallite/satallites in the future).

But before you can hack you need to find the satallite. For this you need the satallite code. You can find this on a normal servers/LANs. If you have this you need to break in to sattalite. The only problem here is that satallites turn around the planet, So your connection can be lost/slowed down at any time.

As soon as you break in the satallite you can break in servers spread around the planet or mayby other satallites. But the problem still is the time limit because satallites fly over earth. The connections get very difficult in this way.

But as I sayed mayby MAJOR organisations can have satallites. So the satallite network will have very good protection. And the connections will be coded by SWEEP/WDA. So new hacking programs are needed.

If we make these processes need a lot CPU. A satallite connection (as there was in onlink BETA 2, with bandwith of 40Gq/s or higher) and complete new security design.

We can also add the use of multiply gateways. Per example, you need the first gateway to open an connection for you, the 2nd gateway to an other satallite, as soon as the the 1st connection closes the 2nd will disconnect.

So all this you need to do is dig deeper and deeper into the satalite LAN before you can find what you need. There is time enough because you can't be traced directly from the air. The company needs lots of time before they can determine you place (So mayby to delete your logs you need to crash the satallite)

But REMEMBER this is an IDEA for in the FUTURE, not the next version of onlink.

Before speaking in the future should fix the bugs in the current version.
    Gaps in records hinder much.
    The time it takes to record the save-game is due to the XML format.
    A numeric format for the save-game with files related to common names will make the process faster.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 pm 

DON'T dig a 5 years old topic to add nothing to it. I'm locking this, let this be a warning

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.