Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Removing VSec V1 2 and 3 from the game for easier game play.
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm 

First off let me say sorry to the designer and coder of the game but vsec really did upset me and I wasted a large part of 2 days figuring out how to remove it and well I did.

You will need DB Browser to open your saved game.
    First go into the computer table and locate the companies access control server cell.
    Go to the far right hand side in the type part and change the number to 16 which makes the access control server act like it is a ISM. This removes all security.
    Use the password breaker on the login and then do the steps you normally would do.
    Copy what files you will need and then access the control panel.
    Now the validate command is for access control systems so it will not work here.
    How ever if you do cd usr then run and run each program then they will be running and you can use them on other systems in the company.
    Do like run monitor_bypass and it will be running.
    Do not run file_copier or file_deleter or your files will be either deleted or copied and your have to redo the copy process again.
    From what I noticed those files will always run anyways.
    Oh and if you are having a issue with gateway servers then just locate the gateway server for the company with in the computer table and put a 0 in isrunning and this will cause the gateway server to not be running.
    Anyways great game but vsec is to annoying to handle ;)

Post subject:Re: Removing VSec V1 2 and 3 from the game for easier game play.
    PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:18 am 

There's a program in-game that allows you to bypass it...

PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:44 am 

That is good to know but what is the program in game that removes the vsec from the access control systems and the gateway systems? I have all software and upgrades but unable to locate that one.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:28 pm 

There is none.

If VSec is really that big a deal for you, you can just bypass it, or if you're impatient use a Lights Out solver. There are tons of them online.

PostPosted:Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 am 

Or I can just edit the save database file making a access control system become a ISM hack it upload my programs run it and all is good.

PostPosted:Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:34 pm 

I find it easier to solve than VSEC make these proceedings

PostPosted:Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 pm 

ps, i've written notes on how to remove vsec with ollydbg in viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3063

PostPosted:Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:24 pm 

Quote:
    First off let me say sorry to the designer and coder of the game but vsec really did upset me and I wasted a large part of 2 days figuring out how to remove it and well I did.
    In two days you could have read up enough on Lights Out mathematics (or just practiced the game enough) that you'd solve all puzzles in an instant. Instead, you choose to cheat.