Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:LAN Help?
    PostPosted:Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm 

I'm stuck. I tried to access the media labs lan and I cannot connect. It says, "if you wish to establish a connection to this system, you must first route your connection through a trusted system with a matching system key." I've tried bouncing through the ISS before the lan, and then tried the public access server and neither worked. I think this has to do with the matching session key thing, and I don't know how to get a matching session key. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Could anyone help?

Edit: I've probed the LAN. It says session key level 50, and I was expecting to find something about a seed, which did not show up. I'm still unsure as to what to do

Post subject:Re: LAN Help?
    PostPosted:Mon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm 

I'm a little fuzzy on this myself, but I believe that in the session key version number, the part before the period is the major seed, and the part after it is the minor seed.
    It didn't actually work for me, though, so someone please, once and for all, solve the mystery of the VPN key for us.

Oh, and if one of the devs reads this, please put a more extensive help section in Uplink Labs Research Center.

Post subject:Re: LAN Help?
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:50 pm 

To get the session key you have to use the IP_Probe on the LAN you're trying to access. You will get something like 75.9 - 75 is the major key, 9 is the minor key. Then to use these keys you will have to get admin access to the same company's mainframe. There in the menu you will see something about a VPN, go in there. You will have to enter the IP address of one of the company's Access Terminals and the major and minor key. Once you do that go to the mainframe's File Server and you will find a 1Gq file that says something about a session. Copy that file into your data bank. Now disconnect, clear logs, etc. Use the LAN_Agent on the session key file that you got from the mainframe and put it to the side. Now setup your bounce path so that the Access Terminal (same one whose IP you entered into the mainframe) is bounced to the LAN that you're trying to access and you should be good to go. Cheers