Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:~Communication Things~
    PostPosted:Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:28 am 
    Literally Nine

I know, we're super bad at it. I am especially.

Couple of fixes to that:

1) Forums actually send activation emails now. Yay. If you can't register still for some reason, throw me a line at the obvious email address, my name at this domain.

2) Bugzilla actually functions now. Probably better for us to have a checklist of things to do, lest we forget about things we decide we don't want to do "right now" and then forget about.

3) IRC. LOL. It's been super dead for like a year now, but I'm trying to be at least idle in the channel now if you wanted to discuss future mechanics there or something. Just don't come in with a bug report; use bugzilla for that.

For those of you that forgot it, it's irc.2600.net #onlink

Post subject:Re: ~Communication Things~
    PostPosted:Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am 

doesn't really help that for quite some time in the beginning, nobody can affoard the RAM required to use the builtin irc client :p anyway, i didn't know that place :o

PostPosted:Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:28 pm 

IMHO the irc should be default gateway software for this reason, and maybe take only half the screen real estate (right side panel?) it currently does.

if you really wanted to get fancy, you could hide IRC in the admin section if Internic - anyone chatting on IRC would have to be connected to internic in their game. Could also be an annoying "feature" though.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:48 pm 

I can confirm about the forum thing. I tried months to register, then even more months to contact someone from this forum to inform about the bug.
    Thank God I contacted Mc2m.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 am 

Before I blow up bugzilla, is there anything specific i should be doing/trying/looking for to fix the save game corruptions and random crashes? It's currently impossible for me to play the game as it's just too hard to keep it running. I could save earlier on, but now all my saves are instantly corrupted, and trying to just keep the game running in the background works, until I hit a random crash, and then the whole thing is dead. My brother can at least get games going on his laptop(which is also windows 7 I believe) and save, but it's just a complete disaster on my system.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 pm 

have you tried the new update? That fixed all my crashing and save corruption problems.

PostPosted:Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:06 pm 

Quote:
    have you tried the new update? That fixed all my crashing and save corruption problems.
    0.2.5 right? If that's it, then yes that's the one i'm using and it's still a wreck. Maybe i'll do a complete wipe and fresh install?

Edit- on that subject, how does one do that? the uninstaller seems to not really work(still have my corrupted saves when I load up). I'd like to wipe clean and just start fresh.

PostPosted:Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 pm 

The saves are located at c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\onlink

You can delete the whole folder.

The 2.5 download has been updated, however mc2m did not update the original post or release version number to reflect that.

Hope this was helpful!