Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Is the Onlink community dead?
PostPosted:Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 pm 

Well. Checking in as ever, expecting to not see muc- OMG, TESTING AND STUFF IS BEING DONE, TALK OF A VERSION RELEASE! O_O THE END OF MY SOCIAL LIFE IS NIGH. (What social life. <v<)

In any case, even if nothing NEW has been added... BUGFIXED ONLINK RELEASE!

Joys~! Made my day.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 am 

Quote:
In any case, even if nothing NEW has been added... BUGFIXED ONLINK RELEASE!

Joys~! Made my day.
Same and Same 8)

PostPosted:Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm 

AOL:superactor001
Location:Everywhere and nowhere... But also right behind you and watching you in your sleep >.>
Haha:)

attempting to input customized user information
upload failure, connection loss
system console session terminated

PostPosted:Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:17 pm 

I'm a new player and I'm loving onlink!
Please dont let it die!

PostPosted:Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:59 pm 

New lurker and poster here.

The first time I played Uplink, it was the yin to my control-freak yang. I'll spare you the gory details; basically cyberpunk clicked with me as a kid after watching a few notable movies and playing a few notable games. My brother had a copy of Darwinia on his Linux PC back in the day and that introduced me to Introversion.

After a few years and several hundred other games, Uplink still has one of the most unique themes and gameplay paradigms I've ever seen, and not even games like Brian Spencer's Hacker series surpass it for me.

I want to thank all the devs for holding out and still putting their hearts into the Onlink mod; after first visiting Modlink I was so convinced that one of the best mods to one of my favorite games was dead and forgotten. It brings me great joy to see that this, indeed, is NOT the case by a long shot.

(Also, MJC, your credits to those departed really touched me when I found them. May they rest in peace, having known how much they meant to you in life and that you'd honor them the way you did.)

Keep up the good work, chummers; you're keeping a very special part of gaming (and cyberpunk) history alive, whether you believe it or not. ... No pressure. ... Okay, a little.

Did I mention I hope Introversion still eventually completes Subversion? That'd be the tops. :wink:

PostPosted:Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:16 pm 

Customary bump of still here and waiting. Kite sounds like a lot of fun~

PostPosted:Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:42 pm 

I'd like to know more about Kite, but I got Smash and Bayo keeping me busy until the end of the year so I am patient.

PostPosted:Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:00 am 

Hello guys, I'm also still right here! Dont let it die!
I was a very old uplink player and only a couple months ago I decided to play it again and onlink crossed my path. What a tremendous game! Congrats to all you involved and responsible for this awesomness!

PostPosted:Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:39 pm 

Quote:
Hello guys, I'm also still right here! Dont let it die!
I was a very old uplink player and only a couple months ago I decided to play it again and onlink crossed my path. What a tremendous game! Congrats to all you involved and responsible for this awesomness!
Really, it's a very good game.
Onlink not dead, but all as waiting for a newer version. :)
Me? I waiting for a IRC Channel, because the last IRC has not connecting :|
It says: Could not connect.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm 

Still alive, just gone hermetic for a while

PostPosted:Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:12 pm 

I haven't been able to check in very often, but Onlink/Kite still is the only game I'm willing to wait however long it takes to be complete. I'll try to be more active in the bug hunting.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:31 am 

It's been awhile but I do still check in on this. It was almost impossible for me to play due to save bugs, but i'm hoping that the newer versions have fixed it. I really want to see what can be done with this genre.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm 

The save bug is killing me too :(

PostPosted:Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 pm 

Hello guys,

i just registered (yes, finally i found the party :sleazy:) and first of all i would like to compliment you guys on your amazing work for uplink. I know this game from back then in its early versions and recently after a long period of not beeing interested in hacking-games (because there where almost only generic browser games and other failures plus iam looking for multiplayer-games mostly) i found the game on a very old HDD again, started playing it and began looking for updates/mods and so on. I fiddled arround alot with all those single mods and patches and finally found onlink, its simply amazing what you pulled out of this oldshool game and it basically made me play the game again now, thank you for that one.

And when i play a single-player game actively that means something, i grew up on quake & ut and always was a multiplayer-gamer, in the past 4-5 years not one single-player game could give me what i wanted so i end up playing buggy, laggy and unfinished mmo's and these kind of games, recently i came to the point where i say i wont play any mmo's anymore again probably, they should go to hell and melk other cows, not me anymore! ... The real shooter scene is also almost dead, only very few older games are played by a couple of 100 people, iam not talking about CoD/BF/CS!

Back to topic i will try to help as much as i can on reporting any bugs i find and would also love to give suggestions about features/upcomming projects i read about here BUT ... honestly guys your forum is a bit of a mess, after reading through almost everything here now i know the structures on projects you are working on and which are kinda layed on ice and so on but it was terrible to find out as a new member or an outsider. There are so much names of projects thrown arround, the mainsite for the onlink stuff is down (not that this is a problem) but as i said, so much names thrown arround and honestly i still dont know for example whats the actual progress or on what you are working atm. Kite/Cerberus ?! ... Onlink 0.2.x/Onlink 0.3.x ?! ... Here is where my first suggestion kicks in, while i know games/projects like that wont attract hundrets of new people anyway i would still like to see some more structure in the forums, either something like a projectoverview, where one could clearly see the projects and their status or at least kinda one thread for every mainproject (Onlink/Kite) where you collect these infos but there are multiple threads/news/announces about different versions of basically the same project and even different names comming up, as i said i found it very hard to understand what is actually going on atm.

Just my opinion as outsider. :)

Greetings
exe

PostPosted:Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:32 pm 

I'm here, as a new member of course, but I am about and play it quite often. Just still wrapping my head around all the new features... VSEC im looking at you...

(Breaking VSEC 3.0) ==IN PROGRESS==