Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Hiding the command shell
    PostPosted:Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 pm 

So I've been tasked with setting up encrypted flash drives for the schools board of trustees that are essentially user trasnparent. The kicker here is that my IT department isn't shelling out for encrypted drives. Anyways we've set up encryption using a virtual option, it uses a javascript file that handles everything except password entry for the user, however it displays a command shell, apparently command shells are scary and minimizing it to the task bar is not enough, is there a way to make this shell invisible without calling on a second .bat file or .vbs file?

Post subject:Re: Hiding the command shell
    PostPosted:Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 pm 

AOL:superactor001
    Location:Everywhere and nowhere... But also right behind you and watching you in your sleep >.>
    Not great with Windows ( I grew up on Linux...), but I can try to help. Are you using Javascript to initialize the script, or is the script actually javascript itself? If the script itself is JavaScript, then there's no way i know of... But if it's JS that runs a .BAT, couldn't you just use echooff at the beginning of the .BAT? Again, new to Windows, so I'm not fully sure it would work, but on most Linux distros I've used and repaired for clients, it only opens a Terminal in the GUI to print something. If there's nothing to print, it just keeps the output in the shell UNDER the GUI. Even though DOS was removed from Windows in 98, it might still work the same... But I don't know the exact situation you're in.

attempting to input customized user information
    upload failure, connection loss
    system console session terminated