Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Onlink v0.2.0-a8 r15
PostPosted:Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:55 am 

Quote:
.. Not to say Introversion's code is all crap, of course ..
He says this of course because he worked on the Linux port of Defcon and in the development of Darwinia. ;-)

Check out Elysian Shadows and consider backing us on Kickstarter!

====================================

PostPosted:Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 am 

AOL:DKWiz214
Quote:
Quote:
Would the dwi file it saves contain all the necessary information?
I don't know that format. Can't it export to .txt or something?
There's no export option in the program. The only options are save and save as. I saved the output and opened it in a hex editor and it does save all of the dependencies. I'm not sure what would happen when you opened it, but if you'd like, I can upload it.

PostPosted:Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 pm 
Literally Nine

Well, if it only saves in that format, it should be fine anyway. I can use Dependency Walker to open it.

PostPosted:Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:30 pm 

Here's my DWI file.
WinXP, SP2, 32-bit
Onlink 0.2.0-a8-r23
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Onlink-x86.dwi

PostPosted:Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:19 am 

Quote:
I could start blogging about the progress, I guess. - Tycho
That would great! I would love to read about the process and steps to programming the next Onlink, even if I can't really totally fathom the utter smarts that it probably requires. I'm much like a NASCAR fan, I have little idea of what makes the cars run, but I do love watching them go in circles!

(btw, I hate NASCAR, but it's the best analogy I can think of.)

PostPosted:Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 pm 

Here's my dwi file,
winxp 32 with sp2
onlink 0.2.0-a8-r23

PostPosted:Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 pm 

I removed autosave to stop these laggy saves, but now sometimes when I try to close the game it crashes when saving and I have to forcefully close it, which doesn't save and I lose a long time of gameplay.
I waited for 10 minutes for it to quit until I decided to Ctrl+Alt+Del. Perhaps it was just an excessively long save time, since I just had a 2 minute long one.
The load times seem to be getting longer as I play. Anyway, this is a known bug, so about the new bugs...

I don't know if anyone else said or has these problems...
I don't see the place names in the world map until I click the bounce point for it.
Also, when I started the game I switched the resolution back to 800x600 (since higher ones lag for me) and that removed the world map, leaving a white space with the nameless bounce points. It was fixed when I restarted the game with the 800x600 resolution though. I posted this on bugzilla.

Another bug is in the second part of the tutorial. It doesn't move foward after I click on InterNIC in the world map when it tells me to...

I'm playing it in an 'Uplink 2' folder. I installed a new Uplink there to put this new Onlink version. The save files are stored in Application Data, in case that changes anything.

EDIT: I posted this on bugzilla, but I wonder if it's only happening to me...
I've been trying to hack the GCD. The game gets small lags every few seconds. At first they take less than a second, then they get gradually worse. At one point the game freezes, the song crashes in an annoying loop and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del it, which takes quite long.

I tried it many times, and the final crash seems to be arriving earlier each time. When it started, I had enough time to finish the mission. Now, I can't finish it even by typing the password right away.

Additionally, now that I have this lag, whenever I try to quit it crashes when saving.
This is worse than the autosave lags, because I can't move on at all...

Hope another version is up with the fixes. I really wanna see what's new, but I'm blocked...

(28/09/2009) EDIT:
Is bugzilla bugged?

I think this lag crash is related to the autosave\loading lags.
You know the save file grows a lot every save... The more I play, the longer the savetime and loading times get. Thus, they could be related to the save file size. After the size gets to a certain point (after playing), it would start affecting ingame and cause these crashes. Since both increase with gameplay, they could be linked. But it's just a theory.
It could also be related to the 44 MB save file being in a .rar in C:\Documents and Settings\<censored>\Application Data\Onlink\users compressed down to 7% its size, which is 3 MB. Perhaps reading a compressed file would be causing all the troubles?

Unfortunately, I can't do anything to select where to load the saves from. If I just extract the file or store it in a non-compressed .rar with the same name, Onlink doesn't read it.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 pm 

Whats up everyone! Im new here. Has anyone else accidentally made their user name the capcha! lol
Ok here is the question. I have a mac powerpc g4 osx 10.4.11 and for some reason version a8 of onlink won't work on my computer. The older a7-r45 version works though so am currently using that one. a8 just closes right after i open it.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 am 

I accidentally the whole cake

PostPosted:Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
My god... the whole cake? That's horrible!

PostPosted:Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 am 

W̛̹͚͗ͣ̐̕h̡̭̖̝̄̀̊̐͋ͣ͜ą̙̠̲ͬ̓̔̈́̒͐͜ͅț̷̤̥̊̇͋͂ͤ̊̽̒ ̻͑͛̉̽̐ͣ̓͘͝ẗ͇͚̬͎́̀͘r̦̰̥̲͉͙̱ͪ̇̈͆͂͋̀̕ͅī͉͙̬͖͚͓̙͒͡ć͔̥͑͊̀k͔̦̼̯̤̈̂ͩͨ̉̈́͟ë̡͖̗̩́ͨ̔ͅͅr̴̨̼̱͇̣̯͔̝̣ͩ̆̍ͮ̎͑͛̆y̧̙̪̤͕̺̠̱͇̍̃ͮ͘ͅ ͎̻̲̮͇̻̯ͬͯ͋ͧ̄̒̄̚i̡̗̘̦͙̘̗̒̿̅͐͞s̲̗̠͔̦̩ͧ̇͟ ̱͊̋̾̎̚t̶̺͚̟̹̙̠̘̀͛͋ͤ̕h̡̥̙̗̱͉̻̻͗̊̇̊i̲͓̱͓̣͍̙̽͛̓ͧͥͨ̒̚͝s̨͔͓̙̯̠̯ͪ̏̃̄ͫͧ̐?̶̝͖̝ͪ̄̿̔͗̋͆̿

PostPosted:Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:33 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Goddamn spambots...

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:41 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
Whats up everyone! Im new here. Has anyone else accidentally made their user name the capcha! lol
Ok here is the question. I have a mac powerpc g4 osx 10.4.11 and for some reason version a8 of onlink won't work on my computer. The older a7-r45 version works though so am currently using that one. a8 just closes right after i open it.
Honestly, I didn't think anyone was still using 10.4, so I don't think I linked it against the old SDK.

Actually, I don't know if I can. I'll see what my options are next release.

*pokes Mc2m >:3*

PostPosted:Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I didn't think anyone was still using 10.4, so I don't think I linked it against the old SDK.

Actually, I don't know if I can. I'll see what my options are next release.

*pokes Mc2m >:3*

Ok thanks. Just bought the game and it is AWESOME. Would suck if I couldn't play it when the new releases come though.

PostPosted:Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:33 pm 

Did you find out anything about mac 10.4.11 being linked in the old SDK? I know you are probably busy but I would love to have a working version for my bday coming in july. :)