Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Onlink v0.2.0-a8 r15
PostPosted:Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm 

Quote:
r23 is up.
That was fast. But then again, I suppose that's why you went through the trouble of implementing the whole CrissCross system and the nifty backtrace logs.

EDIT: Ach, sorry for double-post. I can be so absent-minded sometimes.

EDIT2: Yup, that definitely fixed the missions bug. Also: I have no idea if the above is even related to how you found that problem, I was just randomly complimenting your foresight :P

PostPosted:Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 pm 

Quote:
The dates on the missions are wrong, too. They say 1/1/1970.
Vintage Onlink! Sweeeeeeeet, mission #1, break the Mod Squad out of prison!
(that's the 70's right? I was born in '82....)

PostPosted:Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm 

AOL:DKWiz214
Thank you for the quick response and fix! Now I have something to do tonight. That was the main issue, the other things I mentioned were minor. I would appreciate keymaps being able to load though, especially when just logging off and on for a gateway upgrade it can be kind of annoying. And I still need to figure out that ACS...

Update: New file, not sure if I did something wrong here.. but I was going to hack a VPN. Go the gateway down, got into the main system, generated the key, and then went to use the lan agent on the file and the game disappeared. Not sure if I was supposed to copy it to my system and then use it or what, but this is definitely a bug.

Edit2: The problem of blank logs has been.. partially corrected. I can see exactly what causes it in the xml:
Code:
<log id="73"> <original> <accesslog fromip="122.41.89.165" fromname=" " type="3" suspicious="0"> <date second="39" minute="10" hour="15" day="25" month="3" year="2020"/> </accesslog> </original> </log> <log id="128"> <original> <accesslog fromip="171.178.254.232" fromname=" " type="2" suspicious="0"> <date second="34" minute="16" hour="8" day="27" month="3" year="2020"/> </accesslog> </original> </log>
I don't see why you can't just remove the id and sort them by date once they are loaded. Or just sort them by the order they're in the file. Though I guess partially deleted logs or modified logs might need the id. The fix that seems to have been implemented (hiding the blank spaces once they reach the top) mostly works. Except trying to delete logs underneath still shifts all the blank spaces. My log deleter shows shifting even when there are no logs above it.

Edit3: One more thing. I reloaded my file, and got back to where I was, and this time I managed to get through the VPN. I just copied the file to my databanks before using the software on it. For some reason using it while it was on the server crashed the game. CrissCross closed too, so no chance for a report.

Edit4: So I was still playing and I crashed the game. I accepted a whole bunch of financial missions at once, including a few bankrupt and a find information mission. Turns out that they intersected. Only... I did the bankrupt mission first. After closing the account, I open the find information mission and notice the account holder is the same. I submit 0 and the game crashes.

PostPosted:Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:02 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
I don't see why you can't just remove the id and sort them by date once they are loaded. Or just sort them by the order they're in the file. Though I guess partially deleted logs or modified logs might need the id. The fix that seems to have been implemented (hiding the blank spaces once they reach the top) mostly works. Except trying to delete logs underneath still shifts all the blank spaces. My log deleter shows shifting even when there are no logs above it.
I saw that too. It needs to change eventually because with the way it currently is, it wastes RAM. The only reason the IDs are kept is because there need to be matching identifiers for the real logs and the modified logs.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 am 

I have an issue with r23. Sorry if this is already know, but the autosave times expand ridiculously fast. Here's screenshot from crisscross.

That's after twenty minutes of playing from a fresh start.
Not to complain here, but that's kind of game breaking.
Is there anything I can do to help fix this?

(It could also be that I'm doing something wrong, bad install or what have you. I'll try and reinstall meanwhile)

PostPosted:Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
I have an issue with r23. Sorry if this is already know, but the autosave times expand ridiculously fast. Here's screenshot from crisscross.

That's after twenty minutes of playing from a fresh start.
Not to complain here, but that's kind of game breaking.
Is there anything I can do to help fix this?

(It could also be that I'm doing something wrong, bad install or what have you. I'll try and reinstall meanwhile)
Upload your profile somewhere.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 pm 

Here. I took the liberty of also uploading my options file. If you need anything else, let me know.
http://users.utu.fi/jypval/onlink
(here's to hoping I grabbed the right files)

PostPosted:Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 pm 

I noticed that my post has been deleted

anyway, i am with the following problem, my save gets over 50 seconds to finish... i disabled autosave, but its worst to play

also, where is the debug file located? im crashing when logging... thx

PostPosted:Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:39 pm 

Fresh install, new profile, save times over 30 seconds, load times approaching a minute.

Profile: http://www.2shared.com/file/6937629/fa2 ... ckxml.html

PostPosted:Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 am 

so apparently I'm the only person excited by the idea of open-sourcing the OnLink project - I think encouraging fresh blood will be great, both in terms of productivity and reduced workload.

Looking forward to making my head explode at the monster code base.

MOV R0, #0

PostPosted:Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:10 am 
Literally Nine

People with save time bloat (but oddly, no size bloat?): Are you all on Windows XP?

PostPosted:Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:17 pm 

Yes i am...

gonna try onlink on linux

PostPosted:Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 am 

yup xp

PostPosted:Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:10 pm 

I find the OpenSource idea great as well. Not looking forward on exploding heads though.

PostPosted:Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:48 am 

Yup, XP.