Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Onlink v0.2.0-a7 r45
PostPosted:Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:52 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
Why is it still necessary to license Uplink for the Mac version of Onlink?
Didn't you want to talk to Ambrosia because of the trial restrictions?
We talked to them because we needed their licensing system so we could legally distribute our "mod". Though it's hardly a mod anymore... The original code is disappearing quickly.

PostPosted:Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:02 pm 

Woah, seems like i missed on a lot. I really need to change my mail address on the boards.

Hey, just one quick thingy i realized.

When you start the game for the first time and you have to create a profile, you cant quit the game. I dont think many people will need the button but i did, and i dont suppose it will be much of a hassle to make it.

Thanks for the new update guys, im going to try it out now.

PostPosted:Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 am 

damn, so i still can't play on my Mac without purchasing a $25 temporary license code.
Well, then it's still the PC i guess.
Once Onlink manages to be 100% rewritten, how does Ambrosia feel about the rest? The idea is still the same and the gaming system looks and feels the same. Will the original storyline have to disappear because of copyright restrictions? Well I guess you can't patent look and feel. Well usually you can't but the US is not usual.
There still would be the world map with targets und route-throughs be klicking on them. There are the control buttons with the selection of progs, the way the progs, the hacking, the voice print, the soundtracks (music)... and much more.

How do they feel about it, if the complete underlying code and engine is rewritten and exchanged but the whole structure is the same?

I mean I wish they won't or can't care and onlink would be free as a whole just the way it is appearing now with additional extrtas. But would they allow that? A greedy company that still wants $25 for a years old simple game they aren't working on anymore (by simple I mean it's simple interface not having the depth and complexety of storyline and visual effects like blockbusters do or compared to Tron 2.0 or Systemshock)?

Forgive my pessimistic asking.
I'm just worried and used to take such thoughts into consideration.

Last edited by ghost_sypher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 pm 

I have found this bug:

Click this link.

Edit: I don't have a bugzila account.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:07 pm 
Literally Nine

Your bugzilla login is your email address.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:32 am 

It fails CRC Check

Copy of my instyallation screen...
Create folder: C:\Games\Uplink
Extract: C:\Games\Uplink\installed.ini
Extracting onlink-data-0.1.2b1.tar.gz
untgz::extract -d 'C:\Games\Uplink' -z 'C:\Users\Niko\AppData\Local\Temp\onlink-data-0.1.2b1.tar.gz'
tgz_extract: bad header checksum
Error: Failure reading from tarball.

AND before beging to say anything i ahve deleted that from temp and downloaded again, I tried to install it as full i will try 1 more time and intsall it as minimal and try to use that current... after that i try to install beta version

EDIT: I tried it again and well the concluson is the same the onlink data at the current version is not intact its broken so please remake the tarball.... or is there a way to open that and extract it?

EDIT 2: Again while posting the first edit i tried to take the previous version just incase... And that did work... i am not going for the beta but i would like to get the "new" version the current build that is verified working :O not that i wouldn't like to test the new but i would just like to play :P

PostPosted:Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm 
Literally Nine

Don't run the 0.1.x builds.

PostPosted:Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm 

ok i would like to inform a new thing that came up i am not in buzilla so, BUT The Onlink Mod said that my game is not original (i mean that it told me i am playing illegal copy of the game) and the game ended WTF DOES THAT MEAN i have my original bought with my pennies :( and now i am not able to play the game, how does it define when it is ware or original bought game, I have lost my game card so i have to use other keys to make new uplink agent :( I really hope it is not that why it tells me that, i got the new paper copy of a card from my friend... so i could play again this happens in previous build 0.1.1

PostPosted:Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:12 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
ok i would like to inform a new thing that came up i am not in buzilla so, BUT The Onlink Mod said that my game is not original (i mean that it told me i am playing illegal copy of the game) and the game ended WTF DOES THAT MEAN i have my original bought with my pennies :( and now i am not able to play the game, how does it define when it is ware or original bought game, I have lost my game card so i have to use other keys to make new uplink agent :( I really hope it is not that why it tells me that, i got the new paper copy of a card from my friend... so i could play again this happens in previous build 0.1.1
For God's sake.

PEOPLE. SELECT "BETA" AND NOT "RELEASE" IN THE INSTALLER.

PostPosted:Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 pm 

ITS Previous, but i guess its fixed so i guess il update my savegame is blown anyways?

PostPosted:Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:42 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
What's with all the people wanting to use older builds?

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 am 

2 Things i know i haven't opened the Bugzilla but i will not because i leave to army duty next month so this is so small time atm :P JK JK

I am going to the army mandatory duty but i will open Bugzilla thingy if i need to bbut you guys tell me

I have found out 2 things so far, the game doesn't support my keyboard on laptop when i play 1 other game in the background as AFK you know what that means so no need to explain, but that is fustrating that my Onlink stays there and does nothing i am stuck without keyboard T_T i can't even alt+tab or alt+F4 nothing works not even caps lock.

And the other is that when i open my world map i don't see any corporation names, so i don't know when or where is the servers and what it comes to the first server i always use to is internic its always the first one that i use to connect to anywhere so.. Q.Q

EDIT: i tried to use the default world map and without it its the same conclusion, it will not work so... If someone has a fix for that please tell me so i can get even started.... and what it comes to bugzilla i am opening whilst i write this.

PostPosted:Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:51 am 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Corporation names for World Map links appear if you mouse over the link; they'll also appear if you click on the link.

No idea what you're talking about RE: your keyboard or Bugzilla.

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 am 

i mean that i have made a bugzilla account so i can use the reporting there and refer back :P

and what it comes to the keyboard i mean that, I play Sword of the new world (Granado Espada) And when i launch my onlink and i try to operate it it does nothing.... so making a new agent resulted only power switch usage to shutdown my computer. And so that means i am trapped inside the game. I haven't tried with other applications, but that at least IE and the game works just fine.

PostPosted:Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:07 pm 

Move mouse over ? LOL

It tells you what coporation its from that doesn't help much if i take like 100 server to be shown on the map and i can only know whom they belong to? i want to know what servers those are too...........

So please fix that... I want to see wheter it is glocal criminal database or internic or uplink internal server or something else....

I don't have those text on my laptop or on my desktop computer