Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Is the Onlink community dead?
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm 
Literally Nine

Because until 0.3.x or later (0.3.x will see the replacement of the graphical rendering code in full, file structure reformed in whole, and audio system recored for starters), and until such a time, it is subjected to the Uplink Developer's License.

PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:15 pm 
Organ Donor

Eh, I thought about putting that in the post too but that's not really the reason. After all, it could be given to people with the Dev CD.

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:07 am 
Literally Nine

Could also be put to torrent by DevCD holders. The difference is if the Onlink source code happens to show up at la baie de pirate (Die Plagiatorbucht?), you can guess who will be approached first for questioning.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:32 pm 

But anyway, I'm here if that counts for anything

PostPosted:Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm 

so how far is the next release complete can you give us a percentage or a month of when its going to be released i think every one is itching to get a hold of it

PostPosted:Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
There is currently no release date.

As far as an estimated one goes, a while ago I did the math and ended up with sometime around April 9th.

Don't get your hopes up though, I always could have been wrong.

PostPosted:Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 pm 
Organ Donor

Every time someone asks for a release date, Miah pushes it back a week. :(

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:53 pm 

[quote="Rickton"]Every time someone asks for a release date, Miah pushes it back a week. :([/quote]
So the release date is 20th January, 2145?

PostPosted:Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:16 pm 

Hey Miah! Glad you are still alive. Where were you? We missed you. Working hard , eh?

And suddenly he speaks German. Sort of. Cool. And Spanish. So can we nail you down further to USA, California with German ancestry, according to this clues given?
I still would like to think of you as a Brit for no specific reason. Just out of - I don't really know- romanticism really.
-> "die Plagiatorbucht" isn't quite right. That would translate to "bay of plagiarists", which isn't the case.
more fitting would be "die Seeräuberbai" (to use an Oldgerman expression for Bucht=bay) or "Bucht der Briganten" (brigands cove).

And it is with delight that I realise the spread of the effervescent revolutionary minds of our connected genearation. A culture of cyber punk, of freedom, of intellectual seeking and althruistic sharing.

@Miah: Sent you a PM some while ago. Don't know wether you got it or not.
If you would have a look here and let me know: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1470&start=25
That would be just great.

Last edited by ghost_sypher on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:24 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
Every time someone asks for a release date, Miah pushes it back a week. :(
I said very specifically "punch a baby."

No wait, upon reading the logs, you're right. I did say "push back a week" at one point. But that was to spite YOU and not THEM.

Frankly, I'm just happy to see that there's still interest.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:50 am 

[quote="Miah"][quote="Rickton"]Every time someone asks for a release date, Miah pushes it back a week. :([/quote]
I said very specifically "punch a baby."

No wait, upon reading the logs, you're right. I did say "push back a week" at one point. But that was to spite YOU and not THEM.

Frankly, I'm just happy to see that there's still interest.[/quote]

Interest? I know a full board of people who have played Onlink, and would do again if it was updated like you're doing. I only mentioned it was being worked on, I figured you'd rather have them come check out 0.2 when there's a solid new story or new things or whatever instead of checking out the in-progress version that's currently out and forgetting about it.

PostPosted:Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm 

If you're asking for interests, then I'm still interested in the progress of Onlink. Except I don't really post around... So I'm not really contributing to the community. =(

PostPosted:Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm 

World's population 's still growing. How many babys did you hit Miah? Maybe you need to punch harder?

Yes, faster, Yes, hahhahahahahaha, hihihihihi ... YEAH YEAH *creazy*

I'm still interested in punching ... aerm ... playing your product.
As all this brave and loyal keyboard-knights here.
Love playing it and see it evolving to perfection.

As I mentioned some while ago, I would love to support you. Can't programm in any way helpfull to you though. Maybe I could wire some bugs for new fans and some late night pizza?

PostPosted:Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm 

Well I'm new to the community, Played Uplink when it was first released, disc collected dust for many many years... now I have started playing it again..

This mod looks very interesting and am starting to play it. Not sure though what is different between Onlink and Uplink.. can't seem to find any documentation that specifically lists what is available in this mod that is different from the original Uplink.

PostPosted:Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:59 pm 

Quote:
Well I'm new to the community, Played Uplink when it was first released, disc collected dust for many many years... now I have started playing it again..

This mod looks very interesting and am starting to play it. Not sure though what is different between Onlink and Uplink.. can't seem to find any documentation that specifically lists what is available in this mod that is different from the original Uplink.
At the moment in the current version (I think) it's just new software/hardware/gateways and some new missions/way to accomplish missions. It's hard for me to be sure because i've clocked up more time on the Koria/LanLade version (Or whatever it's called) which was the 'original' Onlink and had tonnes of stuff in it.

The next version will have a whole new storyline/several sub stories plus a tonne of other stuff.