Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Will there be new missions in the next update?
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:15 pm 

Ever since the original version of Uplink, there has beed a large gap about where the Destroy or Copy a Database missions begin to show up. You needed to crack through security systems, and to do so, you need to buy the programs. But in order to buy the programs, you need to complete missions. If you are not careful, you will easily end up in a ditch you cannot climb out of, where almost the missions require programs you do not have. Ever since Onlink introduce the new security systems, it has made this gap much worse. I request that there be new missions in this area that do not require many security programs. I would prefer "good" missions over "bad" missions, as there are more than enough missions in this part that will reduce your necromancer rating.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:47 pm 

That seems like a good idea actually, I have gotten into that ditch myself a couple of times (one of those times I just killed Onlink and let it sit there for awhile).

Check out Elysian Shadows and consider backing us on Kickstarter!

====================================

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 am 

I've had that problem too. The way i got out of it, was to accept mission that provided me with money, as long as i was payed before i did the mission (Contact: "i want all the money now" option). I ended up with about 12 missions, before i could actually start doing things, but it worked.

But you are right, it was very annoying. I want new mission too!

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 pm 

Thanks, everyone! I knew I wan't alone!

I would also like to know if it would be possible to increase the number of missions on the mission board, and to increase the number of low-level missions on higher levels. This should ease the problem quite a bit.

Post subject:well..
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:31 am 

if you get REALLY stuck you could use a game trainer but i don't recommend it.
    i have been stuck here many times mostly near the start where there is about two missions and there all to hard.
    (in-fact Tycho or Miah if your reading this do you think it would be possible to add some anti-cheat thing in the game???)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:22 pm 

Quote:
    if you get REALLY stuck you could use a game trainer but i don't recommend it.
    i have been stuck here many times mostly near the start where there is about two missions and there all to hard.
    (in-fact Tycho or Miah if your reading this do you think it would be possible to add some anti-cheat thing in the game???)
    The whole reason I want this is so that getting so stuck that cheating is required does not occur nearly as often.