Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Yeah... I tried the first hint out (it seemed pretty obvious), but it didn't work... is there also a specific name, as well as username?

And I can't make heads nor tails of the second hint, unless it's talking about Darwin.

-- Griffinhart

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:13 pm 

sweet. can i just say the password now?

SPOILER ALERT. HIGHLIGHT TO VIEW

The password to the protovision game server is: joshua

Last edited by Yanlin on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:27 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Ehehe. I'm using the dark skin, so, like... the text is in white.

-- Griffinhart

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 pm 

damn... i just can't get a break eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:26 pm 
Been There, Coded That

Quote:
Quote:
The ONLY thing you can't buy is Revelation... and well.. Faith... Because it's part of the plot... I'm talking about... Monitor Bypass V 9.3
Or RevelationTracker, or <snip>, or <snip>.

That's right, there's two bonus programs out there that no one has evidently found.

In the next release, there will be a third.

I should also mention, I don't think anyone has found those two extra secret missions i added in there.

Oh, and defending yourself? That's going to be a 0.1.3 thing. For the most part, it'll be revenge attacks, but I intend to get the drop on a few of you just because I can. Keke.

Also, Warez World. Done whenever I readd the compiler.

Note on finding goodies: Youwould do well to search old easter eggs. I added new things to them. Namely hints.

Did you know you could access the cheat menu?

I bet you didn't. Have a looksie. First to PM me how gets a cookie.
I found Tutorial and UplinkAgentsList, you can't buy either of those :roll:
Anyways, Denial sucks, as does the cheat menu. I like the hints though.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:39 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
Anyways, Denial sucks...
Ah. Someone found it.

It's rather useful if you use it for a certain something other than what it was intended for.

An anti-nuke nuke, if you will. Chase the feds off your tail and keep all your stuff.

Etc.

In 0.1.2 it'll have a better front-end use for dealing with a new security system called Gateway.

No, not like your Gateway, players.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Nice ideas Lorehead. I like 'Steal an Election' and 'We Have Always Been at War with Eastasia' the most ;)
Thank you, but I can't take credit for them. I read them years ago in the library, and then yesterday in the newspaper.

As I think about it, the Online Encyclopedia would be a good way to share background information with the player. And it would be amusing if, every time you loaded a page, you got a random version written from a different point of view (including, if you chose to alter them, your own). It might even be feasible that, if you altered certain pages in specific ways, news stories would cite your made-up facts.
Quote:
'The Software Liberation Front' would be a nice twist, I guess they could also provide you with insider informations (ie: rumors) (passwords, IPs, LAN back doors, interesting government research projects, ...)
That's a different role from them than I'd envisioned, but it could work. I wasn't imagining a community of phreaks and hackers. There's already one of those in the game: the Uplink agents. Actually, hold on.

Heard it Through the Grapevine: If you have a high Neuromancer rating, "good" hackers, particularly the ones who die as part of the storyline, will share tips and rumors, and even help you cover your tracks if they get the chance. If you have a low Neuromancer rating, corporations will request you specifically, and you will receive mission offers that you can't get otherwise. If you say no, they will then appear on the board. You can pick up some extra Neuromancer points by sharing things like passwords, or lose them by setting up your competitors to get caught.

Anyway, I was thinking of the SLF as programmers whose ideology makes them particularly helpful to hackers, not as hackers themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:44 am 
Sagely Amphibian

Quote:
Heard it Through the Grapevine: If you have a high Neuromancer rating, "good" hackers, particularly the ones who die as part of the storyline, will share tips and rumors, and even help you cover your tracks if they get the chance. If you have a low Neuromancer rating, corporations will request you specifically, and you will receive mission offers that you can't get otherwise. If you say no, they will then appear on the board. You can pick up some extra Neuromancer points by sharing things like passwords, or lose them by setting up your competitors to get caught.
Again, a nice twist, would make a good use of the Neuromancer rating.

I now wondering if it could be great if there was multiple entities issuing missions? Not only Uplink Corporation (acting as a intermediate), but perhaps dirrectly governments from different countries, mafias, ideological groups (ie: 'The Software Liberation Front', Greenpeace, ...), rich individuals and corporations which are big enough to run their own _undercover_ services, ...