Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Big transfers between NPCS
    PostPosted:Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:46 pm 

I posted a bug noting that when a big transfer between 2 NPCS accounts happened, one was left with in negative. I really don't think this should be this way, since you can't to the same thing (stealing 10000 from someone who only has 2500). So...

1) In order to get a BIG quantity of money, like 800,000, or so, a hacker should hack lot's of bank account's , stripping em all. That's the only way for the game to NOT "create" money. Bad thing about this, there's no enough cash in the game to reach the $800,000 i mentioned. (Im saying 800,000 just as an example, seen bigger and smaller) So, solution A, having more bank accounts in the game, and hopefully, giving em all more cash. I find ridiculous to find a company owner with 1000 in his bank account. Solution B, reducing a lot those big transfers.

BUT..

i've been playing the last release and found it HARD. WAY HARD. I like it, of course, that's what we all have been asking for... but at some point you just HAVE to crack some bank account in order to get some soft... or you get stuck with many missions. So, if we don't have accounts with BIG transfers in it, wel... we're screwed. I think solution A is the one we should look for. (Specially the part about giving em all more cash).

But my point still stands. You should not be able to find a negative account anywhere. That also means that hackers should not be able to buy stuff and get to negative. (Has this happened to you? if you have 2 accounts with money in it, and you buy stuff that is worth more than what you have in the active account, it goes negative. It should either A. extract money from the other account, B. Not allow you to buy.)

Also, a new mission... Give your employer, Mr. Greedy, a big amount of cash. you get to keep... lets say.. 10%? If there are no negative accounts, that means there are no BIG accounts either... So you have to hack a few accounts.

If you like this suggestion and plan to implement it... PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! give all acounts more money or it'll get WAY too difficult.

Kjeldar

PD: My english seems to be getting worse everyday. If i didn't explain this well enough, ill try again. (Also, please correct me ) :wink:

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:49 pm 

I have had negative in an account, (I had 2 accounts total was enough to buy the CPU but one was selected so it only took from there so I had -3000 credits

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 pm 

That's part of my point, that shouldn't be allowed.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 am 

"i think it's an onlink bug only."

happened to me once in the vanilla uplink.