Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:another idea, this involving who gives missions
    PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:25 am 

I came up with this reading the approved ideas. It would be a nice idea if there was a way to find out who's giving you the missions...

have you played street hacker? seen how every company is connected to the others? It gives a feel that everything you do really affects the world you're in. It would be cool to have something like this... I know you affect the companies, but it doesn't feel as strong as i'd like it. i don't know if i could explain myself. In spanish it would be easier. I THINK :S

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 pm 
    Literally Nine

Give it in Spanish, then. I know a bit. Even if I can't get it, one of my officers can explain it to me. (he lives 12 miles north of the mexican border, heh)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:18 pm 

actually i don't think i can explain it better in any language. i just meant that it would be cool if every one of your actions had a more tangible feel. i don't know... like being able to send a compny to complete bankrupcy... or, by arresting some megacorp owner arrested, that corp had it's research delayed. hell. i don't know what i want, but perhaps this will ring a bell in someone's head and bring something cool to the game.

EDIT: anyway, the point of the post was about getting the possibilty to know who's your employer in advance.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:34 am 

I think I understand what you mean Kjeldar. Basically an interconnected network of companies, with relationships like that of real life. If a company's competitor is hit with an attack, their share prices will go up. If a company provides some service for another, and it gets attacked, the other company should suffer too. I also agree with the bankruptcy thing. It'd be really cool just to destroy a company's computer systems until they lost all of their data and went completely bankrupt. After that, another company or two could appear to fill that market. Not sure how the game's structure would handle companies being removed and created in real time though.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:37 pm 

OR perhaps the company just dissapears and you just have one less company. ^^ so you have to be careful... you shouldnt burn all the companys, cos then your work will be gone... simbiosis between you and your foes...

another thought... if one company gets attacked too much, they should offer a job for protection... so perhaps you can force a company to give you well paid jobs to protect them from yourself... (Also another hacker might accept the job and try to bring you down)