What about a console where you can type in commands like

del = delete
    dl = download/copy
    disconnect = what it says... lol
    bounce (ip) = add ip to bounce
    unbounce (ip) = unbounce IP
    connect (ip) = connect without bounce or with current bounces

2)
    Also, company logos on their public servers... mabye even a little info like what the company does. Just for show but itll add a nice touch...

3)
    Shouldnt the internal sercice machines have contact info and usernames/passwords for their employees?

4)
    Phones ARE hackable... they should be in the game too...

5)
    Mabye include a few random servers that will have hacking tools you cant buy... call them easter eggs....

6)
    An online bank, like PayPal that you can hack and transfer money to your account... no lik the banks now but one large account...

ill think up more later when i come back from canada...

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:41 am 

OK, I'll have a go at this one:

1) Local console is an OK idea. I just can't see many people using it, because the GUI would be much faster.

2) Hmm, maybe when the game has much more of the functional stuff sorted.

3) I agree in the sense that all company servers should have way more accounts.

4) Not sure where that one's going, or how it would work. And by "hacking" phones, do you mean phreaking?

5) Already in the pipeline.

6) Banks are supposed to be hard to hack and already give too much cash. Any more would ruin the flow of the game.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:41 pm 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    1) Local console is an OK idea. I just can't see many people using it, because the GUI would be much faster.
    I beg to differ. In Windows, I use keyboard shortcuts constantly. For example, if I need Notepad, I hit Windows Key + R (brings up the Run dialog) and then type 'notepad'. Quick and simple. Saves me the time of navigating the stupidly elaborate Start Menu to find Notepad somewhere in Accessories.

In Linux, I use the console all the time as well, so I can't imagine living without it. But then, Onlink isn't an operating system, but rather a simulation of one ;) In onlink, I imagine a console would be quite useful.
    Quote:
    2) Also, company logos on their public servers... mabye even a little info like what the company does. Just for show but itll add a nice touch...
    Quote:
    2) Hmm, maybe when the game has much more of the functional stuff sorted.
    The company logo idea is pretty good, though we'd have to design logos for every company. The idea is reminiscent of Deus Ex. I agree with Burningmace though. We need core functionality before we go adding the frosting.
    Quote:
    3) I agree in the sense that all company servers should have way more accounts.
    I also agree. It'd add more of a realistic dynamic to the game.
    Quote:
    4) Not sure where that one's going, or how it would work. And by "hacking" phones, do you mean phreaking?
    I'd wager that's what he's pointing at. Whether he is or isn't, I don't think the idea fits in the game. It seems like it'd be a bit of a tangent, rather than an enhancement to the game. Since there are so few phones in the game, phone phreaking would be out of place.
    Quote:
    5) Mabye include a few random servers that will have hacking tools you cant buy... call them easter eggs....
    *whistles*
    Quote:
    6) Banks are supposed to be hard to hack and already give too much cash. Any more would ruin the flow of the game.
    Agreed.