Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:bunch of ideas!!!!!(mail,software,aux gateways suggests)
    PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:35 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:drats22000
    AOL:drats666
    okay suggestions list:

1:
    when u purchase a hardware upgrade, u know how it sends u 2 messages. 1 stating its being installed and another saying its been installed. well can u make all the upgrade messages merge into 1 message(to save screen space)

2:
    when u purchase security software like firewall, monitor, ect ect.
    can u also pay to have them installed on all your aux gateways?

3:
    When u upload files to aux gateway can u make it so u can accress that file from the little satellite icon? example i put firewall disabler on aux gateway 1. can i run that as if it was on my main memory banks?

4:
    create a database for personal computers, like the internic but for personal computers.

5:
    database for telephone numbers. you'd do a search for a name and it would give u telephone number to dial(for getting voice samples).

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:10 pm 

WARNING: The following is strictly my opinion in response to the previous post. This has no bearing on the above-listed ideas in the eyes of the moderators.

1: This is already in approved ideas. In fact, its right at the top of the list. http://www.onlink-mod.net/forums/search.php

2:-- no comment, i never had to use my aux gateway.

3:Don't know why you'd need that, by the time you're buying aux gateways you should have a powerful enough computer to not need it.

4: I know the game isn't terribly realistic, but in this sense, only an ISP would have such a list (kind of like the list of agents in the uplink server if you ask me) and if it were made, should be hard to get to...

5: This would only make bank hacking easier, which nobody wants. Its easy enough to find them with internic IMO.

EDIT: Aparently I type poorly and had some errors, good thing i saw em first!!!

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:07 am 

Yahoo Messenger:drats22000
    AOL:drats666
    dont bust a heart muscle man.lol

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:30 am 

Below my oppinion on the subjects of the first post:

1:
    no comment - see 2nd post

2:
    That would be really cool and would make your aux gateway much more like your standerd gateway. Also this could be a way of eliminating the long connection lists that people now want to have a save feature for, as you would have admin access to a server with immense defenses and that would really count to trace time.

3:
    This would be really helpful, because if you buy all relevant software (even with the best gateway) you don't have enough room to do the 60-80gq database copy missions.

4:
    ISP's seem like a good idea for this, however i don't think anyone would want to hack into 6 different ISP's just to get 1 PC's IP-adress.

5:
    Well this would in fact be realistic if it were put in, though i wouldn't really know why you'd want it. At least i've never thought "Damn i wish onlink had a phonenumber database" or anything like that.

You've got a few worthwhile ideas going there.

Post subject:Re: bunch of ideas!!!!!(mail,software,aux gateways suggests)
    PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:01 am 
    Literally Nine

Following is *my* take

1: something better than this is already being implemented

2: getting there...

3: No. Running remote programs locally? I mean, really...

4: Only if armed to the teeth. You'll see why (not much) later.

5: Check InterNIC lately? Search for 'International Phone Database'

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:35 pm 

Quote:
    Following is *my* take

1: something better than this is already being implemented

2: getting there...

3: No. Running remote programs locally? I mean, really...

4: Only if armed to the teeth. You'll see why (not much) later.

5: Check InterNIC lately? Search for 'International Phone Database'
    actually the 3:th one is possible.. but ofc only in lan..
    but its stille remotly, or is it locally? dont know.. i know i hawe played games from another computer in lan, and i dont mean a game where theres just an exe file, mean call of duty for an example. small laggy but..

i tought id take this in here so id not hawe to start a new thread ower something so small..
    when you copy, it would be cool if it could be forwarded to an geatway. instead of your own comp.. like a new copy tool or something.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 am 

Please search before you post. It doesn't take long and saves everyone time. It also makes you look less like a noob.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Mon May 15, 2006 11:12 am 

Yahoo Messenger:hmjack2000
    AOL:Jac0bEvans
    #3 is Possible... It would just be a WAN (Wide Area Network) instead of a LAN, Expect Massive Lag with Program Running as You would have to Send the data for each field, wait for it to compute, and Send the Data back. All in All it is a lot more coding then it would seem at first... (but im not a Coder so im just guessing at that)

But this Idea has potential for The Data Storage idea... I know i Use a Trinity as my Primary Gateway, With all of the Programs there is no way i could even HOPE to do a Mission like Copy a Corperate Database without Making Several Trips. So in Theory it would be good to be able to Access a Remote Dataserver at the same time.

If you want Proof it is possible, Try Navigating to more then one Site at a Time. BINGO! You just Proved you can connect to more then one Server at a time. :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Mon May 15, 2006 12:00 pm 

You don't need the feature, and it just makes hacking easier, which is too easy anyway at the moment. The idea is that it is hard. I currently find Onlink to be very little of a challenge. Miah - make it harder!