Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:21 pm 

There's a way around.
It's called de-redshirting and hex editing.

Or you could just ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory it, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:23 pm 

The easiest way to solve the link problem with multiplayer is to have an ingame server, much like InterNIC, that simply lists all the players currently online. And then each player's account and gateway would be treated like a room, like you would have in most conventional multiplayer games. This way each player is a host server. The same basic principal as custom games in mainstream titles. Only with Onlink, there is much less data that has to be transfered, since there are no high detail 3d graphics or anything of that sort, and very minimal movement. By speading the load in this manner, it reduces the otherwise overwhelming need for a central server on which to host all the activity.

I know this is probably a waste of time to put forth, but as far as I know, it hadn't yet been proposed, and since someone had already started a topic on it...

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:14 pm 

Back comes Spork with more annoying info to add =P

Well the whole central server idea is constantly shut down because servers take time and cost $$$$$(4 digits)

Back to the cracking 'cause as you may already have seen I enjoy it so.

Also makes me happy to see there are people here who are at least knowledgable in the field, it is a great day indeed.
Quote:
It's easy to break your user file forever doing the smallest mishap if you don't leave it alone.

Promising to make a life full of misery and woe!
I like the sound of a challange... but I have to admit.. its like lockpicking (another great hobby, by the way) if its an extremely hard lock, and all you want to do is get in.. you go the easiest way. Being a hard lock, the window, the hinges, the back door... all easier than picking the tough lock..

There is always the back door. I liked the read/write process memory. Very good trick indeed. Code caves / dll injection ... all beautiful. The CRC check takes care of the caves and injection (unless the CRC is only at startup or the code cave removes it XD) Even then, checks later on can look like they're not checks... until they remove your character files.

Miah, I have to say your work is nothing less of amazing. The gameplay is much more advanced now than it was with Uplink, and the enthusiasm is great (squashing all those cheaters). I just want to say good job, and thanks.
and MULTIPLAYER! haha, only kidding.