Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Ideas
    PostPosted:Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:30 am 

1) What about a command line OS or hud upgrade for access to certain systems.
    2) Miah mentioned sattilite's in another post and needed missions, what about bringing down a rival corps sat. or taking control of one to gain access to another server, i.e like a LAN. Or at a really high level, permenantly 'disabling' a sat. by crashing it.
    3) Hijack missions, where you have to break into an (encrypted?) data stream or packet and rerout or steal it. Extremely time limited.
    4) Cover-Up missions. Go back and erase a fellow hackers foot-steps. Big Neruomancer bouns but 0c?
    5) A 'manager' for other server gateways so you can run security app's on them as well as having a level of knowledge about them, with out having to login all the time. (Could have wipe logs funtion etc)
    6) Have 'webcasts' similar to radio stations used in GTA, or link to real webcasts using tools similar to uMP3
    7) Destroy hackers gateway mission, where you detonate the self-destruct mechanism in gateway for a corp.
    8) Track Mission. Plant a virus in a Personal/Office PC that sends info to a corp. (could be done on LAN). Perhaps get paid monthly etc as long as you ensure virus remains online.
    9) Blockade mission where you shutdown packets in/out of a server, or restrict them according to a misson goal.
    10)Building plans mission. Provide plans of a building to unknown persons.

To be continued....

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:19 am 

1) That's what we have the console for ;)
    2) Nice, like that one.
    3) Good idea. Would need to have a very tight time window.
    4) I really like that one. 0c missions should be more common.
    5) Not really a good idea. It would take things away from the primary gateway too much.
    6) Ain't gonna happen. Real time audio streaming is extremely processor intensive. Plus it's a bitch to code. Besides, you have Winamp for that!
    7) High cash, kills your neuromancer.
    8) Good idea as long as you ignore the monthly payments.
    9) That could be added to "Upload a Virus" mission. Just a different type of virus that allows access to the security system controls.
    10) Another good idea. How about a global planning permission server that stores them all :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:44 pm 
    Connoisseur of the Godawful

Yahoo Messenger:alistair_lynn
    AOL:Agent_Vast@mac.com
    8) Fix your emoticon use.

Post subject:Part 2
    PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:38 pm 

Note that most of these are just coming of the top of my head and aren't really developed, so any feedback is good.
    So here's the next lot:

11) More developed governement systems, as in game social security server is just owned by the 'government' would be a good idea to have it run by a certain government and/or have other servers for other governments, and then a global server. Would allow missions such as 'change nationality' or 'obtain forign identity for'.

12) What about a global 'Space Regisration' system, that has ownership of sats. registered on it. Then you could change ownership, simillar to existing DNS system, but MUCH higher security.

13) Now i sure this will have been mentioned before but what about the army, air force, CIA etc. Now the problem with this is that most of their servers are inaccesbile from the net'. So you have to gain access to a private computer, say while they're checking their e-mails. Then you access a super-high security LAN and gain access to various milatary severs. This allows for a great deal of missions. From the simple 'change solider details' i.e giving a soldier leave, to the 'steal milatary secrets'; mission where you sell these secrets over-seas, or to entreprenuering arms manufactuerers. The CIA could have missionns like 'uncover agent' and 'end survellience' or 'destroy intelligence data'. The ultimate milatary mission could be 'unleash nuclear armageddon'. it should get you a nice shiny award, like 'four nerds of the apocalypse'

14) Building on the foreign governments idea, what about embassies or embassy servers, where you can obtain missions from certain governments. This would of course depend on where you live. To get work from them you would need a third 'stat' line of how much various countries like you. This would affect what missions you can get from a country. Not sure what effect their like or dislike would have in game yet, maybe certain countries have good programs unavalible elsewhere, some have money, others have political 'clout' to help keep you out of jail. And of course if you piss off your home country, you may be forced to relocate overseas.

15) 'incite havoc' missions. This is where you, for instance, replace one image on a website with another. Or even better, in a newspaper or on TV. Potentially offensive though.

16) 'admin lockdown' mssion, where you lock an admin person out of his sever,and hand over the new password to another owner. Would have to be preceeded by a change admin copntanct on DNS mission.

17) 'free the prisoners' mission. excatly what itr sounds like. break into a jail server and release them all.

18) expansion of the 'data stream' idea. There could be mission where you alter or destroy parts of it, alter it's path (so it goes through a freindly corps srver, giving them access) steal part of the info, completly nuke the data etc. You should need a special software tool to do all of this (probably a HUD upgrade) and before you can really muck around with it you have to intercept it at a given point (server), at a given time, and redirect it to your home gateway. Of course the re-routing will have to be wiped later so you can't be traced. Then once it has arrived at your gateway you can do what ever the hell you want with it before sending it on. What i envision for the interface is similar to the C++ interface, where-by it shows a whole bunch of code that you have to edit, take etc.
    All of them would have the same general components, such as path (what bounces it uses) info (what it's carrying) and security measuers, of course. phew.

19) Now this may or may not work. For multiplayer, yes I said the dreaded word, what aabout a scoring system. You download a server or a LAN, and attempt to get and do what ever to it. You then get scored on it. (by the game) this is based on things like time in server, logs left and damage done. These could then be uploaded to a section of the Onlink website. Wouldn't really be mulitplayer, but would allow a degree of competition between players.

20) Now i mentioned satililtes before, but what i didn't think of was the tele-communicatio ones. The nefarious hacker could diable international calls etc. Also beacuse in many cases they are the only phone link between some countries, they would contain logs a almost all bounces between some continents. The only trick would be implenmenting this in-game. Also one should think about NASA (or a similar organisation) and their relation to this. They are the American Equvialent to a Sat. Regisration, so you just break into their server. Also there is a possiblity that you use their server to crash the sat's beacuse they probably retain flight control (at least of american sat's).

*Edit* yay! me make it into approved ideas!! let's see next on list... become moderator. */Edit*

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:46 pm 

Here's my list:

* Get food
    * Do coursework
    * Help complete Onlink
    * What goes here involves large numbers of rubber objects ;)
    * Get a programming job and rise up through the ranks
    * DESTROY MANKIND
    * Retire and become a duck

That's SERIOUSLY my life plan.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:42 pm 

Nice to see you aspire to such lofty goals :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:31 am 
    Connoisseur of the Godawful

Yahoo Messenger:alistair_lynn
    AOL:Agent_Vast@mac.com
    Quote:
    * Retire and become a duck
    I think Burningmace saw the llama song :)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:20 am 

That I did ;)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:38 pm 

The Llama song :?

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:35 pm 

Yes. The Llama Song.