Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Backdoors
    PostPosted:Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:47 pm 

OK, with the addition of viruses and stuff, it'd be great to have a new mission type which requires you to hack in and install a backdoor trojan (attached to the mission email) to a server.

The great thing about this is that you get the trojan which you are installing, so you can use it yourself. :twisted:

The trojan would act as a hidden way to connect to the server by using a Trojan_Connect HUD, which has the option to scan a host for a trojan and connect to it if one is found. If you connect via a backdoor trojan, the trace doesn't start for a random amount of time (depending on how secure the server is), but as soon as you get a trace and disconnect, the backdoor will be removed. The backdoor would also be automatically removed after a certain period (again, depending on the server's security) which would be anything between 3 hours and 2 weeks in game-time.

Also, I would like to point out a bug in the mission system: If you don't have a sufficient rating to get a mission, you can just talk to the person who is offering it and then accept it, so they give it you anyway. :shock:

Post subject:Re: Backdoors
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:07 pm 

Quote:
    Also, I would like to point out a bug in the mission system: If you don't have a sufficient rating to get a mission, you can just talk to the person who is offering it and then accept it, so they give it you anyway. :shock:
    Not really a bug.. you (the agent) just don't have the rating for automatic acceptance. The company can always interview you, which is what the 'contact' represents. ;)

- Gio

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 pm 

Yeah, but if you have clearance to read the mission info, you can get it even if you're not a high enough level.

Also, it's really annoying how the low level missions aren't shown any more when you get to a high level. I want to be able to still do "Delete a File" missions when I'm at TERMINAL rating. They can be fun sometimes ;)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:26 pm 

Quote:
    Also, it's really annoying how the low level missions aren't shown any more when you get to a high level. I want to be able to still do "Delete a File" missions when I'm at TERMINAL rating. They can be fun sometimes.
    Hehe, I understand that feeling. When you're still in the middle ranks, they do pop up every so often; I ask for more money then go in and crash the machine after doing the mission. :twisted:

- Gio

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:02 am 

Delete a file missions can be fun, especially if you destroy the machine afterwards ;)