Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Batch Feature
    PostPosted:Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 pm 

Simply Uplink has a feature that was more or less called "Batch Files", which essentially allowed you to select a file that you can quickly start up. You go into the memory banks, select the items you want to batch, and then from there, you can click a single button to summon up your batched files. For example, activating your Trace Tracker, Motion Sensor, and Notepad at once.

I think that the latest, but unusable version of Simply Uplink allowed you to have several different Batch settings. Next to the "start Batch" button, there are four buttons, each of which selects a Batch group to activate. For example...

Batch 1: Trace Tracker, Motion Sensor, Notepad
    Batch 2: Firewall, Monitor, Proxy Bypasses
    Batch 3: File Copier, Log Modifier, Log Nuke
    Batch 4: Password Breaker, Decypher, Voice Analyzer

I think that a similar feature should be added to Onlink. I think that it can also be improved in the process, in appearance, functionality, and so on.

EDIT: Onlink != Modlink ;) -prophile

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:14 am 

I think that batch files should be written manually using a program like the C++ programming client, then saved to the gateway's memory bank.

The code would be the same as used in the console window, like the following:

[File Nuker]

delete *.*

[Startup]

Trace_Tracker
    Motion_Sensor

That way it's more versatile.

It would be a good idea to make this into a new HUD, and when you click the HUD icon, it brings up a menu (like the software one) with each batch file you've made and "Write New" at the bottom.
    If you do code this, make sure you limit the length of file names :D

I love it when random ideas appear in my head :P

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:53 am 

Hrm...perhaps the C++ batch coding can be used to actually automate the use of various programs? I will explain further. First of all, there is a batch feature which is simply a shortcut to the actual programs, so that you don't have to mess with menus - and this feature comes standard on all OSs.

However, you can use C++ to alter the Batch coding so that rather instead of just short-cutting, it can do more...for example, making it so that when you activate the various bypasses, they would automatically latch onto the appropriate security slots. And, if you are really good at coding and know your stuff, you can also set up the CPU consumption of each batched program, to auto-detect certain things, like the Voice Analyzer checking the current security screen for the required voice, and then taking that voice if it is in your data-banks and using it.