Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:AutoBounce
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 pm 

AutoBounce is an concept that comes from Simply Uplink. In Simply Uplink, AutoBounce allowed you to basically to automate the selecting of the many possible bouncing points to your destination on the map, allowing you to basically not have to click more than a few buttons. I propose that a similar feature should be added to Onlink.

AutoBounce V1: Randomized and automated bouncing. Doesn't cost alot, nor does it do a very good job since it is so random.

AutoBounce V2: You get several options, allowing you to allow or disallow certain bounce catagories. (like avoiding bank bounces, and so on)

AutoBounce V3: The bouncing is somewhat less random, in that all bounce points affialiated with the final destination are bounced last, in order to qualify as being "trusted", and that it also uses the final bounce point with the "best" features desirable in a bounce point. (admin access, affialiation, ect.)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:34 am 

AutoBounce has been suggested before, but never really been thought about properly.

I think that the problem is making it useful.

V1 should be random bounce, I agree, but making sure it connects to InterNIC first.

V2 should bounce through InterNIC and then any machines you have admin on, then any you have an account on.

V3 should be InterNIC -> Uplink Test Server -> Banks with your account on -> Servers you have admin on -> Servers you have an account on -> Government Computers -> Other Banks -> Mainframes -> LANs -> Internal Services Machines -> Personal Computers -> File Servers -> Public Access Servers -> Phones -> Target.

Version 3 should also check if the target is a server which requires the last bounce to be the ISM of the company, then use it if it is there. If not, throw up a message.

I also think there should be a new peice of (very expensive) software that when ran, after connecting, adds a few dummy IPs around your gateway, making it a chance whether or not they trace you after they try to trace you.
    I'll explain further:

You connect to a bank (with a large bounce list). You run this peice of software.
    You try to hack the bank. They start to trace you.
    The trace gets to the last in the bounce list. The software automatically throws out 9 other IPs, making the tracer have to guess which one you're really at, therefore giving a 1 in 10 chance of finding you.
    If the tracer gets the right one, you get caught.
    If the tracer gets the wrong one (it has to check, so it takes 10 seconds), it tries another one at random. At this point the software kills off the one that got checked, then re-deploys a new one, therefore making it always a 1 in 10 chance.
    Different versions might have a different number of ghost IPs, making it easier/harder for them to find you.