Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Mission to create account (?)
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:46 pm 

AOL:tehlazer
    Hi,

how about a mission, available at the bbs for example, which requires you to create or change an account on a certain server?

Would possibly be an easier one, just getting admin access and creating/changing data.

The mission could be to create an fileserver-access for somebody, or to give a person admin rights, for example.

Shouldn't be too complicated IMHO.
    I'd try to do it myself but i don't have the source code / DevCD :cry:

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:17 pm 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
    Can I ask what do you mean by this?

Do you mean in that area where you look at the 'Admin' then, I think it was 'Accounts' or something like that then change it in there?

Iam kinda confused on what you mean.
    Can you explain? A little more?

-Kethlar

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:13 am 

AOL:tehlazer
    No problem :)

Say you log on as an admin in a bank, then you are able to see all accounts.
    If you now could change this data you are seeing or even create a new account, that could be a mission :)

The same thing could be done for other servers, like simple fileservers.
    Get it now? :lol:

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:01 pm 

Ahhh, that is what I thought you meant, yeh, I have been wanting to be able period to add an account, or change the password of the admin account like that.

A mission like that would be awsome.

I mean there is the 'commit' button already on that screen, for it I think Uplink itself, was toying with the idea of changing the pws and such but it was never implemented or changing parts of that accounts but never got around to it.
    I can only assume this bcuase there is a 'commit' button there which means to commit to the changes. But youc ant change anything on that screen.

Well thank you for explaining, I thought that is what you meant. But I wasent really sure. Thank you for the explanation.

-Kethlar

Post subject:...
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 pm 

Heh, another idea...how about disabling the password feature of websites as a mission? I imagine it would cause an incredible amount of trouble if just ANYONE could go into restricted areas...

EDIT: Perhaps this can be done via the command console, via software, viruses...perhaps different methods to achieve the same goal? One of the problems of Uplink, was that there was usually only one way to accomplish most goals.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:17 pm 

I do tend to agree with you on that part.

More than 1 way to accomplish something, or just for the heck of it, disbale it for your own use.

I like to get into servers and places just for the heck of it to wander around, bounce myself though 50-100 places and just wander around, while the thing lightly beeps at me.
    I agree, either virus or somethink else to make sure it will be dibaled or another way instead of just one way all the time.

Only problem, is that, people are going to be stuck in a rut with the 1 way already since there has only been one way for how long now since 98? 5-6 years? But hey it is a nice thing do have change.

The thing is that since there are going to be 'viruses' and there is already the C++ console in there, you can make your own viruses and such later on the builds and version, so there is something like this already made into it, we just have to wait till this is expanded on in the future.

Good Idea though I do like it.

-Kethlar