Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Idea for a LAN tools
    PostPosted:Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:28 am 

My first idea is you can prevent the admin from connecting to the LAN terminal/mainframe/etc where you are. With the LAN.Disabler, you can "disconnect" a computer from the LAN for a short period (like 10 seconds), but the disabling will also take 10 seconds. For example, there is a router, a terminal and the mainframe connected in chain. You are in the mainframe. If you use the LAN.Disabler on the terminal, the admin can't kick you from the LAN, because he can't connect to the mainframe. Bigger version, more you can use the disabler in one connection.

My second idea is you can trick the admin where you are, like you are in the mainframe, but the admin sees you are in a terminal. After the admin goes to the terminal, the LAN.Tricker (or LAN.Blinder) will not affect him second time, only if you disconnect, and reconnect. For example, there is a router, a hub, 2 terminals, and the mainframe. The terminals and the mainframe are connected to the hub. You use the LAN.Tricker (or Blinder) on one of the terminals, the admin logs on, but he doesn't go to the mainframe, he goes to the terminal, then to the mainframe. Tricking (or blinding) will take 20 seconds. Bigger version, smaller time to trick (or blind).

I designed these ideas because i hate if i need to copy 20 files from the mainframe, and between the mainframe and the router there is only one hub, so the admin kicks me after copying 4 files, and i need to do all bounces again (we NEED an autobouncer!), i need to place all five bypassers in their place, and do this 5 times over again...

Post subject:Re: Idea for a LAN tools
    PostPosted:Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:27 am 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
    Quote:
    My first idea is you can prevent the admin from connecting to the LAN terminal/mainframe/etc where you are. With the LAN.Disabler, you can "disconnect" a computer from the LAN for a short period (like 10 seconds), but the disabling will also take 10 seconds. For example, there is a router, a terminal and the mainframe connected in chain. You are in the mainframe. If you use the LAN.Disabler on the terminal, the admin can't kick you from the LAN, because he can't connect to the mainframe. Bigger version, more you can use the disabler in one connection.

My second idea is you can trick the admin where you are, like you are in the mainframe, but the admin sees you are in a terminal. After the admin goes to the terminal, the LAN.Tricker (or LAN.Blinder) will not affect him second time, only if you disconnect, and reconnect. For example, there is a router, a hub, 2 terminals, and the mainframe. The terminals and the mainframe are connected to the hub. You use the LAN.Tricker (or Blinder) on one of the terminals, the admin logs on, but he doesn't go to the mainframe, he goes to the terminal, then to the mainframe. Tricking (or blinding) will take 20 seconds. Bigger version, smaller time to trick (or blind).

I designed these ideas because i hate if i need to copy 20 files from the mainframe, and between the mainframe and the router there is only one hub, so the admin kicks me after copying 4 files, and i need to do all bounces again (1) (we NEED an autobouncer! (2)), i need to place all five bypassers in their place, and do this 5 times over again...
    1: With Onlink .2.0, the LAN.Spike will be introduced, preventing the admin from kicking you off, so the basic idea of what you're asking is already been done.

2: With Onlink .2.0 (again), you will be able to purchase a software that gives you a connection generator.

PostPosted:Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:41 am 

Hell yeah, i will enjoy spiking those admins!
    And what about kicking the admin out? :D

EDIT: And what's your opinition about the LAN.Tricker (or Blinder)?

PostPosted:Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:23 pm 

Quote:
    Hell yeah, i will enjoy spiking those admins!
    And what about kicking the admin out? :D

EDIT: And what's your opinition about the LAN.Tricker (or Blinder)?
    Personally, I find kicking the admin out pointless/useless/stupid - after all, it's an ADMIN!

As for the tool(s) you suggested, they'll be hardly necessary when the LAN.Spike comes out

PostPosted:Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:43 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
    Well, if the LAN.Spike wasn't coming out, I'd say the LAN.Tricker is a great idea. Not that it isn't right now, but as Mursu said, it would be kind of useless with the Spiker.

Kicking an Admin out would be kind of strange... after all, the Admin does own the entire system and has full access to it. And this is 2020/2010 we're talking about. Who knows what kinds of ways the Admin has to access the system?

PostPosted:Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm 

Quote:
    Well, if the LAN.Spike wasn't coming out, I'd say the LAN.Tricker is a great idea. Not that it isn't right now, but as Mursu said, it would be kind of useless with the Spiker.

Kicking an Admin out would be kind of strange... after all, the Admin does own the entire system and has full access to it. And this is 2020/2010 we're talking about. Who knows what kinds of ways the Admin has to access the system?
    physical maybe?

PostPosted:Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 am 

Quote:
    Quote:

physical maybe?
    We are the Borg

You will be assimilated

PostPosted:Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:47 am 

Well kicking the admin out may be a possibility to regulate the difficulty of LANs. Eg while easier LANs are administrated by external Admins who don't sit by the server all time and thus have relatively long reconnect times, on the harder ones the player cannot keep the admin out longer than a few seconds thus making the whole deal not really worth the time invested. An even funnier thing would be LANs with multiple Admins operating at the same time ;).

To my mind the bigger problem is that being kicked out of LAN has little to no consequences, if it had at least some having to stay connected at all costs would add a certain twist to the LANs and thus make them much more challenging and much less straight forward.