Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Using a Spore idea ...
    PostPosted:Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm 

Ive done searches and read enough to get this, correct me if wrong:
    * Dont ask about multiplayer.
    * LANs like in Uplink are not an option at the moment.
    * Some sort of Hacker AI option to attack players is being worked on.

Note: I am aware that coding stuff is goddam difficult, especially weird stuff. Im just trying to flesh out an idea, which would really be a minigame to play on the side. Not asking to get it coded, just asking for feedback on the concept itself, ie good/bad.

---

If an AI can be designed to attack a player, it would mean that the player Gateway has some sort of state that should be able to say, be dumped to a file, ie a snapshot of what the Gateway capabilities, defences, software etc are.

What if a player could take a snapshot of his Gateway system and email to a friend with "Here, try hacking this". The player could load it up in the virtual net, and attack it, like he attacks any other system out there.

The MAIN reason for this is really the following:

It would be great if an idea - any idea really - that would allow your friends to interact with you in OnLink could be available; ie missions they could make and email to you to be done, or like above "hack my machine". Has any ideas around that concept come up? I couldnt find any on searches. I really dont care about multiplayer, but I used to make fiendish Lode Runner levels to aggravate my friends, it would be great fun if OnLink had a similar concept. Right now, I am getting my weekly anguish from other peoples Portal Levels ...