Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:finding programms and other missions
    PostPosted:Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:54 am 

in future releases, one could be finding programms, such as weak virus programms or new crackers and bypasses. They could be hidden on research servers, high security systems (as sort of a trophy t o be found among da useless data on the fileserver) or on well protected LAN's.

Also there could be some sort of puzzle programm, where you have to find several data files, that you need to put together (defrag) and decrypt with tools, you can by (new: defrag tool; decrypter).

Also fund would be, if the files on the fileserver actually did contain somesing such as memo text, e-mail contents, ip-traces (i was allways wondering, what happens to the information when you find a "log file downloaded" on one of the jump points such as internic.
    Maybe even memos about contrahents or research and usefull prake throughs on research or programming at opposing companies. So ahving read this info, you could than go steal or destroy at the other company and offer the result to the first company (not having reseived a contract).

Post subject:Re: finding programms and other missions
    PostPosted:Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 pm 

I like this idea.

Files on servers could contain riddles or other puzzles. The mission could be to find out the name of the new project being spearheaded by 'xxx corporation', and within a file on the server could be a riddle such as:

If you look, you can't see me
    If you see me, you can't see anything else
    I can make you walk if you can't
    Sometimes I speak the truth
    And sometimes I lie
    If I lie, I am nearer the truth
    What am I?

Answer; Dream, so the new project is called Dream. Or there could be other riddles leading to other servers or whatever.

Also, to build off of the idea of delivering files without being contracted to, there could be rival businesses like ARC and Arunmor (randomly determined like company names) and therefore if you broke into one or the other's servers and find a new file, you could deliver it to the opposing company, sorta freelance. You could get the info from the News Server, as like with Faith vs. Revelation, where updates are kept track of, when company X gets an edge over company Y, you could either steal X's data to help out Y, or delete Y's data to help give X more of an edge (Of course, with stealing, the company can directly contact you, whereas with deletion, there'd need to be a smart way of informing the benefited company that you're responsible)

I dunno how hard stuff like this would be to implement, but it'd be nice to have a break from UISM missions, and actually provide a point to independent attacks.

PostPosted:Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:46 pm 

Cool. Nice brainstorming.

Also I was wondering how one could fool an Admin, like on a LAN.
    There should be programms that prevent beeing kicked or even detected by the Admin. Also if you find weak systems and hack tham it should be possible to turn the computer into a zombi-system. Of course, if you get better versions of that special software, and you hack real heavy systems, you could try taking your chances in even remote controlling them (lets say such remote controlled systems are the only ones that you could aim your trace deleter on to erase your jump traces - it won't erase log entrys from not hacked systems logically).
    The remotecontroll/backdoor could be a little file that you have to rename like on of the files on the fileserver (maybe with a litle star attached to the name to make it visible to you, but wouldn't make any difference to the computer). You than would have to erase the original file (or safe that to your space, if it's valuable) and place the backdoor file at the exact same spot. Such zombi-networks (several of such zombis linked together) could be controlled by one of your gateways, if you so choose, to perform time intensive jobs such as decrypting reall heavy crypted super usefull stolen programm files or hack ultra heavy passwords e.g. of Langley, the Pentagon or NORAD ...

PostPosted:Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
    Quote:
    Cool. Nice brainstorming.

Also I was wondering how one could fool an Admin, like on a LAN.
    There should be programms that prevent beeing kicked or even detected by the Admin.
    Also if you find weak systems and hack tham it should be possible to turn the computer into a zombi-system. Of course, if you get better versions of that special software, and you hack real heavy systems, you could try taking your chances in even remote controlling them (lets say such remote controlled systems are the only ones that you could aim your trace deleter on to erase your jump traces - it won't erase log entrys from not hacked systems logically).
    The remotecontroll/backdoor could be a little file that you have to rename like on of the files on the fileserver (maybe with a litle star attached to the name to make it visible to you, but wouldn't make any difference to the computer). You than would have to erase the original file (or safe that to your space, if it's valuable) and place the backdoor file at the exact same spot. Such zombi-networks (several of such zombis linked together) could be controlled by one of your gateways, if you so choose, to perform time intensive jobs such as decrypting reall heavy crypted super usefull stolen programm files or hack ultra heavy passwords e.g. of Langley, the Pentagon or NORAD ...
    It's already being implemented.