Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Saveable connection paths
    PostPosted:Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm 

Hi Miah,

something I would really appreciate is a set of saves for your world connection routes.
    Like set up wan and save it to one button (e.g. number one) and than set up e differetn route and save that to button number two ...
    Till up to 5 maybe. So instead of heaving this "save" and "load" buttons, your have a "save" where you need to hit a number button afterwards and it puts the route to that button and than simpli hitting this number button by itself alone will load the set path.

Also something bugging me: the map is often very full if you set paths over the whole world with more than 50 hops.
    You cant tell the dots and names appart anymore.
    Any sugeestion how this could be solved?
    Maybe disapearing names, once you connected a path to them and making the dot smaller?
    Mission targets are highlighted in a special colour. Oh and some more colours to self highlight addresses would be helpful. For now there are this two circles to show them on the map and the plus to turn the spot red. Missions are green. Maybe you could add a minus and a star each resulting in different different colours.

Post subject:Re: Saveable connection paths
    PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:37 am 

Well, for first I suggest you take a look at this

As for saving the bounce paths, why on earth would you want to do that?

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 am 

The Generate path thing, I think might just be something that is in the Beta for Miah and Tycho to be able to quickly apply a bounced connection in order to test stuff. I doubt it'll actually be in the release.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:37 am 

Quote:
    The Generate path thing, I think might just be something that is in the Beta for Miah and Tycho to be able to quickly apply a bounced connection in order to test stuff. I doubt it'll actually be in the release.
    You mean the autobouncer? Judging from Miah's post (the last line) I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be included in the non-beta version.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:59 am 

Ok my bad, didn't read that very well XD

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 pm 

Let's see: why would I want to save the bounce path and load reload it for a hack? Hmmmm, I realy don't know.
    I guess I could just use direct links for hacking instead of connecting with long bounce paths using over 80 route throughs.

You can extend game time almost endlesly by having to click the bounce path every time again.

No, jokes aside, I think it would come in handy not to have only one bounce path available, but rather different ones.
    1.) long ones over many many connections for safe hacks.
    2.) direct path to internic over maybe my additonal wired gateways.
    3.) a connection path to uplink corps website
    4.) ... your main bankaccount
    5.) ... Governmant site like criminal database, fbi, ...

So you can just hit the buttons for which purpous you need a bounce and leave the map clean and neat with only the targets showing that you are interested in right now.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm 
    Organ Donor

I'm pretty sure saveable bounce paths are in the next version.

But I may have hallucinated that.

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 pm 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    ...So you can just hit the buttons for which purpous you need a bounce and leave the map clean and neat with only the targets showing that you are interested in right now.
    Something like this is slated. But not until 0.3.x. It's one of the reserved buttons in the HUD on the most recent video.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:54 pm 

Cool, thanks Miah for the insight.

Will version 0.3.x be the version were you think you play a game and it's quite easy and has the looks and feels of playing a game as well but in reality the "game" connects to the internet and really does hack systems and transfers money to your secret swiss numbered account?
    That would be awesome!

*lol*

I love it. Great work you two.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    Will version 0.3.x be the version were you think you play a game and it's quite easy and has the looks and feels of playing a game as well but in reality the "game" connects to the internet and really does hack systems and transfers money to your secret swiss numbered account?
    You're not actually terribly far off. It's one of the intents of 0.3.x to provide a sort of ModLink, but in-game. You'll be able to "buy" custom gateways as usual and Onlink will load it to your profile.

Lotta other stuff, too. Big stuff that's been needed, but long and drawn out (like, for example, making userfiles patchable so you don't have to start over every release. Maybe mp3 support with your default music player. Certainly a rewrite of the graphics engine... the lag with the world map and much of the slowdown is in fact due to the current engine).

And of course, new gameplay options. Not revealing that for a quite a while, though.