Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:saving routes ...
    PostPosted:Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:13 am 

i'm really bored with making routes of about 200 route point every time i log in to onlink ...

so it would be great if the game could save the routes even after my log off .. or you can just make a program called(for examples) route generator that can create a route instead of doing it ourselves

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:16 am 

This idea is cool .maybe you could save them using a sys upgrade like the map show trace upgrade. Also you could make them save to your memory banks and take up say 15Gqs

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:58 am 

maybe make it so that the more bounces you have the more memory it takes up

or just have a limit to how many bounces you can have per version number (V.1 10 bounces, V.2 20 bounces....and so on)

or maybe make a program that generates random bounces around all the points in your adress list
    V.1 random bounces
    V.2 random bounces ending with the one you want
    V.3 random bounces starting with and ending with the one you want

My hamsters are all in attack training right now......
    for they shall be ready soon they will......and then the world shall be mine to behold

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:24 am 

well .. i thought in a proper outline for the program .. just an idea but could be nice :

if the program generates routes .. then there will be no need to save them in the memory banks .. because while in the game you can use the temporary saver .. and when you relogin you can generate another route :wink:

about the versions .. i think it's not a good idea for the number of bounces to depend on the version .. because it's not so hard to manually create a 10-bounces route or even more .. but i'm talking about (for example) a 100-bounces route :idea:

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:17 am 

Personally I don't like the idea of Random Bounces. It makes things a little too easy.

Although I like the idea of being able to save multiple routes even if it's at the cost of memory.

Here's a new one to toss in. How about a History list of recent connections. For those times you try to hack a LAN but the admin cuts you off.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:15 am 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    Personally I don't like the idea of Random Bounces. It makes things a little too easy.

Although I like the idea of being able to save multiple routes even if it's at the cost of memory.
    Indeed.
    Quote:
    Here's a new one to toss in. How about a History list of recent connections. For those times you try to hack a LAN but the admin cuts you off.
    Eh?

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:22 am 

Quote:
    Eh?
    Sorry, I was a little unclear. Basically I meant a History list similar to that of a web browser. But instead of remembering sites you recently visited it remembers the path you took to get there.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:51 pm 

there is also that really annoying bug when you delete or turn off the visibility of a server which is already involved in a route .. then when you open the map you find all the servers are jumping everywhere .. if you could fix that bug so that the deleted server is only excluded from the route instead of starting another route .. would be great !

Post subject:Re: saving routes ...
    PostPosted:Fri May 06, 2005 6:25 pm 

Quote:
    i'm really bored with making routes of about 200 route point every time i log in to onlink ...

so it would be great if the game could save the routes even after my log off .. or you can just make a program called(for examples) route generator that can create a route instead of doing it ourselves
    If I remember correctly, the SimplyUplink mod had that facility built into it. It remembered your bounce list between games and passwords for sites such as Internic could be clicked on instead of having to type them in.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue May 10, 2005 5:25 pm 

AOL:DKWiz214
    And you do remember correctly. It would save it to your agent profile. It also had the option of saving voices, which I really liked, in-case I accidentally closed it and needed to go back, like in a tracing mission where I forgot to un-delete some logs. The voices were stored in memory, and took up 2 or 3 gqs.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 12:12 pm 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
    Quote:
    And you do remember correctly. It would save it to your agent profile. It also had the option of saving voices, which I really liked, in-case I accidentally closed it and needed to go back, like in a tracing mission where I forgot to un-delete some logs. The voices were stored in memory, and took up 2 or 3 gqs.
    Ok this wold be a nice addition then I would love it becuase i ahve done the same thing in the past the exact same thing. This addition would be greatly appreciated.

-Kethlar