Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Economical system
    PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 1:56 pm 

First of all, i apologize because of my bad English. Okay.

I have an idea to make one more feature. Each corporation in the On(Up)link world has funds, which it can spent on upgrading security systems or anything else. Sounds strange, and programming this idea is really tricky, but.. but. I don't have this great feeling, when i delete all key files in the (e.g.) Bioware Solutions mainframe, read in the news server "Bioware Solutions has lost $20.000.000.000.000.000(.000) and i know that is not true. Corporation didn't lose even one cent. And i can't see, that Bioware Solutions has bancrypted. All left as that was.

Next. Corporation's funds amount has to be hidden from the player. Only software/hardware/hacking_particular_servers can show the size of amount (not necessary that exactly as it is). I'll get more fun playin Onlink, if i will know that even each of my actions against corporations will cause a lot of problems (not for me of course :D ) I know, that this idea is really hard for realisation and it will be something kind of Onlink 2: Andromeda's revenge (joke xD), but... but lets try! =)

(one more time: ) sorry for broken English. Hope, you understood what i wanted to say..

Post subject:Re: Economical system
    PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 2:11 pm 

I suggested company funds in my post with some mission ideas, and it would indeed require a lot of coding because to look real it'd need a whole new fund system. Similar to normal bank accounts, but separate, the money can only be transferred between companies, higher security, etc etc... And since it's separate from normal people's money you can't steal 10 million from a company and get rich, the money doesn't mix.

PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 2:22 pm 

So basically, you crash a few servers from some random company, and their security systems will come crashing down, since they can't afford them? :-/

Well, I'm not sure what to say. It doesn't sound that interesting, but if it creates new types of missions or somesuch, I concur with this idea. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to program.

PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 2:28 pm 

Well companies would lose millions when you crash systems, but obviously they have lots of millions (depending on the company) and if you keep crashing them they will eventually bankrupt and cease to work, their servers all go down, no more missions have them and the news says they closed down.

Missions would be to transfer money between companies, being much harder than normal transfer missions, and there could also be one to transfer from a company to another and from that to another to frame the second one. When they're framed they get sued. Of course these missions are much higher level since, at least in my concept, you'd have to hack the Administration part from the bank too. Right now that's useless...

They could also be somehow related to the stock market but I didn't add anything to that...

PostPosted:Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:30 am 
    Literally Nine

Crashes cause market changes. Competitors go up, victims go down.

Maybe I can cause a fold if the stock tanks far enough.