Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Onlink 0.2.5 Beta
PostPosted:Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm 

Quote:
... that bugzilla thing. It would be amazing if you could use it to post the bugs you find.
It's been so long, I'd... I'd completely forgotten about that.... D:

PostPosted:Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am 

Quote:
Quote:
... When I enter the world map, it's a white-out... No viewable map at all, just a white space... And with the bounce links being white... Well you can see my problem, I guess...
In the options menu, there's an option in the "graphics" section that allows you to change the map, that should solve your problem
Thank you for your reply... But this doesn't solve my problem... Maybe it would be easier if I state what I've already tried so far...

Changed the screen resolution (tried them all)
Ticked the defaultmap and unticked (well I've tried all combinations in graphics options)
Tried converting other maps to .png
Windowed
Safemode
Tried x86 version (same problem)
I have the compatibility set to, Run as administrator (tried with and without)
Tried in Vista compatibility + SP1 + SP2 (all this did was slow the game down)

This only effects the large map... The mini-map is fine. The 0.2.0-a8-r45 release doesn't have this problem for me (I haven't tried the a8 build yet, because of the save bloat and log gap errors)

My Setup:
OS windows 7 x64
graphics 9400gt (1GB)
2Gb RAM

Any more help would be appriciated... Thank you in advance.

PostPosted:Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm 

AOL:superactor001
Location:Everywhere and nowhere... But also right behind you and watching you in your sleep >.>
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
... When I enter the world map, it's a white-out... No viewable map at all, just a white space... And with the bounce links being white... Well you can see my problem, I guess...
In the options menu, there's an option in the "graphics" section that allows you to change the map, that should solve your problem
Thank you for your reply... But this doesn't solve my problem... Maybe it would be easier if I state what I've already tried so far...

Changed the screen resolution (tried them all)
Ticked the defaultmap and unticked (well I've tried all combinations in graphics options)
Tried converting other maps to .png
Windowed
Safemode
Tried x86 version (same problem)
I have the compatibility set to, Run as administrator (tried with and without)
Tried in Vista compatibility + SP1 + SP2 (all this did was slow the game down)

This only effects the large map... The mini-map is fine. The 0.2.0-a8-r45 release doesn't have this problem for me (I haven't tried the a8 build yet, because of the save bloat and log gap errors)

My Setup:
OS windows 7 x64
graphics 9400gt (1GB)
2Gb RAM

Any more help would be appriciated... Thank you in advance.
A little tip: it's usually safer to use XP compatibility... Vista was kinda...Well, it was vista.
Whats your processor speed? Shouldn't be a problem, unless it's REALY outdated.
Try opening the Data.dat file in the game directory. Rename it to data.rar, and open it with an archive program. Look through it for a worldmap picture (there should be two different ones.) Open them (it should extract them) and both should show the map at different sizes. If one is just white, theres your problem.

attempting to input customized user information
upload failure, connection loss
system console session terminated

PostPosted:Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 am 

Thank you for your speedy reply and willingness to help... Qudos.

Unfortunately, there is no XP compatability mode for this x64 exe but I did try all the different compatabilities with the 32bit version, with no luck. My CPU is a single core 3.0 Ghz (slow by today's standards I know, but still runs some games perfectly... Like Dead Island, and even skyrim is...just playable)

I'd tried changing the maps (from data.dat) as mentioned before... When the maps are extracted, you are correct about the two different maps and map sizes. The largeworldmap_new is 256x256 and the defcon one is 512x512... They are both visable on Win 7 (no white-out). This has me a little baffled... I'm quite savvy with comps an OS's, aswell as modding etc... Yet this eludes me.

(Off-Topic suggestion, Miah & Co. why don't you replace the defcon map with the HD version posted in the IV forums... It's much cleaner??)

I really do appriciate all the effort you all have put into this marvellous game/mod (hate calling it a Mod... As it it so-much-more) aswell as the help giving within these walls...

@Sentinel. Do you have a version of Win 7 x64 to try this for me... Or anyone else for that matter?? This would also happen on Onlink 0.2.0-a7-r45 but once you exited the game and came back, everything would be fine ie no white-out.

Typed from my phone so please excuse any errors...

PostPosted:Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 am 

Quote:
(Off-Topic suggestion, Miah & Co. why don't you replace the defcon map with the HD version posted in the IV forums... It's much cleaner??)
I can add the HD map to the world, if I get the link ;).
Quote:
@Sentinel. Do you have a version of Win 7 x64 to try this for me... Or anyone else for that matter?? This would also happen on Onlink 0.2.0-a7-r45 but once you exited the game and came back, everything would be fine ie no white-out.
I use a win7 x64 and it's not happening here. I would like you to try Onlink on a VM (virtual box is fine; win xp should do the trick). Best case, you can play in decent conditions while we figure out what's wrong. Worst case, we have one more clue.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:32 am 

Quote:
I can add the HD map to the world, if I get the link ;).
Superstar... this is only link I can find online...

EDIT: removed link due to this amusing message *this post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove the URL* lol I'll PM you the link
Quote:
I use a win7 x64 and it's not happening here. I would like you to try Onlink on a VM (virtual box is fine; win xp should do the trick). Best case, you can play in decent conditions while we figure out what's wrong. Worst case, we have one more clue.
Damn, so this looks like more of a problem at my end (I know I'm on old graphics drivers but never needed to update them to get games to work).

Thank you for your suggestion... Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I'm limited to how I can access to the net (me & wife won't have it back until end of next month, so I'm using phone for browsing) so we are borrowing others until then... When I do get a chance to, I'll definately download virtual machine (with XP) and try that out. Until then I'm still happy to play 0.2.0-a7-r45

PostPosted:Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:27 pm 

Some news about that hd worldmap.

I know, there arre more important stuff but at least now the graphic options looks decent.
Also while adding the new worldmap, I found two issues that might be related to the white map issue. If not, I have a clue on where to look.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm 

Damn, that's one sexy map! :sleazy:

Can't wait 'till the next release so I can test it all the way to the load game bug

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 am 

Quote:
I know, there arre more important stuff but at least now the graphic options looks decent.
Yes...yes it does :D
Quote:
Also while adding the new worldmap, I found two issues that might be related to the white map issue. If not, I have a clue on where to look.
That's excellent news... I will eagerly look forward to any new news/updates :wink:

EDIT TO ADD:
Here's a little bit more information for you which may help you to isolate the white map problem. When I create a new user and reach the "pick gateway origin map", that map is displayed perfectly fine (no white-out on either the defcon or the other one) it's only when I'm actually "in-the-game"... Maybe this will help... Maybe not, but I thought I would at least mention it.

EDITED TO ADD:
I've just tried the a8 build, this seems to be the first build that you switched from using .tiff images to .png images. I can now report that there isn't a white map problem with the a8 build... So it's definitely something to do with this current build...

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 pm 

Location:Everywhere and nowhere... But also right behind you and watching you in your sleep >.>
I'm having the slight problem that any attempt to use the log deleter crashes onlink...

(Edit:) I realized this had been brought up before, and I checked the earlier resolution. On occasion, Log Deleter v4 is out of our price range.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:32 pm 

Quote:
On occasion, Log Deleter v4 is out of our price range.
"I want half the money now"

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm 

:O I was sure this project was dead....guess I checked back at the right time lol

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
On occasion, Log Deleter v4 is out of our price range.
"I want half the money now"
Good point, i forgot about that option. Thanks.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 pm 

Hey, a little note on appearance: you didn't change the 0.2.0 to 0.2.5 on the main menu.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:43 pm 

Quote:
:O I was sure this project was dead....guess I checked back at the right time lol
Indeed, my friend, indeed. Onlink might move slow, but it never truly stops.