Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: EA ruins another franchise they didn't invent!
PostPosted:Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm 
Literally Nine

Bioshock scared me all the way through the first time, because I really had no idea what to expect, and when you don't anticipate things, it's really freaky. I played through a second time, and realized how heavily scripted it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it though. I can't wait for Bioshock 2! :)

PostPosted:Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 am 

Quote:
Bioshock scared me all the way through the first time, because I really had no idea what to expect, and when you don't anticipate things, it's really freaky. I played through a second time, and realized how heavily scripted it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it though. I can't wait for Bioshock 2! :)
They're including multiplayer. The singleplayer is going to suffer for it I reckon.

PostPosted:Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:12 am 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Quote:
You know what's going to happen once EA gets to it, though?
So I was wrong about EA getting to DX3. Square Enix owns Eidos Montreal now, so they're publishing the new DX game (Deus Ex: Human Revolution). There's a fancy, super-CGI trailer (as expected of a non-handheld SquEnix game) up that I didn't watch because as far as I heard there wasn't any gameplay being shown, so fuck that.

Oh, also: DXHR is going to multiplatform to PS3, X360, and PC.

I smell another Invisible War, and that makes me sad. ;~;

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 pm 

Quote:
So I was wrong about EA getting to DX3. Square Enix owns Eidos Montreal now, so they're publishing the new DX game (Deus Ex: Human Revolution). There's a fancy, super-CGI trailer (as expected of a non-handheld SquEnix game) up that I didn't watch because as far as I heard there wasn't any gameplay being shown, so fuck that.
Yippy hi yeah to the first part. I was pretty glad about it being in EIDOS hands too.
Quote:
Oh, also: DXHR is going to multiplatform to PS3, X360, and PC.
I smell another Invisible War, and that makes me sad. ;~;
Not so much for that news since many crossplatform games turn out to lack a lot of their potential on what they could have been if they would have been developed for PC only. Unfortunately the gaming industry has her main leg on consoles nowadays. And so graphics and animations and physics and so need to run on that hardware too which is now about 5 years old, instead of that fancy new shit that computers are capable of today. That's I guess why we still are stuck for a while with DirectX-9-like graphics and won't see a wide appearance of DirectX-11/OpenGL-4-capabilities yet. If they continue going down this path, this will change soonest with the next generation of gaming-consoles and will last again to the next. I don't like cross-platform being used in that manner (rather OS-cross-platform than hardware-environment cross-platform, which is limiting to the weakest hardware). And than the controls! I never had a console, I always liked keyboard and mouse. Assassin's Creed 2 for instance is quite nice, I really like it, but there are a few weaknesses in the controls sometimes where you feel like a gamepad would give you an edge (especially when you are playing against time).

PostPosted:Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
as expected of a non-handheld SquEnix game
Have you seen Birth by Sleep? That's a PSP one and it's a pretty fancy super-CGI trailer for that too.