Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Very Strange Emails
PostPosted:Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm 
Literally Nine

Hey folks, I thought you might enjoy this. Someone sent me emails which I think (?) relate to Onlink. And I have no idea what this guy's trying to say:
Code:
Subject: revelation From: loionan@gmail.com To: steven@uplinklabs.net I am a uplink fan. yesterday I connect to the irc channel of Uplink and mr ebola (a great hacker!!) erase all my disk files. this is the way you give thanks to the people playing uplink? A cannot buy your cd (the ways to buy on internet are too complicated) I play uplink in the beggining, gmail don't exist in that time. [censored warez site] give me the complete game. (great site) I connect to the channel because I have to do a serious work. really serious =/ I past all my life looking in all the religions, I study the tao te king, the I ching and the tarot for almost 15 years. I do conjurations magick in all levels and I confront to my darkness. I read the bible a lot in the age of eight (a lot) and I have a particular life, things happend to me like all the other people. I find great knowlenge of this particular subject (the religion). And I write the beginning of my first book: the aleph. In february of year 2009 I found something that got me in shock. I'm a reencarnation. Not a doubt of it. The karma don't lie. Same names, objectives, people. I look for myself all my life (I have 34) and I found me. I know my AIWAS. I understood the secret behind the hermetic words yo soy. conocete a ti mismo. I need help. I want to reveal the truth. I hope is not too late.
I forwarded it to Miah, we had a good laugh, and figured that was going to be it. But 4 hours later, I get another:
Code:
Subject: I don't want money. From: loionan@gmail.com To: steven@uplinklabs.net I want to participate in your revelation thing. is a very carefull info. understand?
So I simply replied:
Code:
Subject: Re: I don't want money. From: steven@uplinklabs.net To: loionan@gmail.com Cc: miah@ferrousmoon.com What _are_ you talking about?
I asked Ebola from irc.uplinkcorp.net what this guy was talking about (since he did mention that "mr ebola" was a great hacker), and the conversation went like this:
Code:
<tycho> I just received two very strange emails from an "loionan@gmail.com" mentioning you ("yesterday I connect to the irc channel of Uplink and mr ebola (a great hacker!!) erase all my disk files."). Any idea why he proceeded to email _me_? Or what he's talking about? <Ebola> None at all, he barely spoke any english and kept coming on even when it was clear no one was talking to him. Then he came on again and complained someone deleted all of his photos, after that he spent the next few hours talking to himself
UPDATE: He replied:
Code:
Subject: Re: I don't want money. From: loi onan <loionan@gmail.com> To: Steven Noonan <steven@uplinklabs.net> JAJAJAJAJAJAJA. is the truth =)
*facepalm*

Post subject:Re: Very Strange Emails
PostPosted:Mon May 18, 2009 7:47 pm 

Hehe, I sorta feel sorry for the guy.

Check out Elysian Shadows and consider backing us on Kickstarter!

====================================

PostPosted:Mon May 18, 2009 9:52 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
This is sort of like how a while ago some people at the AmbrosiaSW web-forums were asking how to use Uplink to steal money and other things from one of their real-life enemies.

I feel sorry for them.

Last edited by Vaius on Tue May 19, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Tue May 19, 2009 4:30 am 

There's only a single that can describe my thoughts on this matter

"...wut?"

PostPosted:Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 am 
Literally Nine

I really liked Ebola's response. It conjured up the picture of Tycho in the last panel of this:

PostPosted:Tue May 19, 2009 1:33 pm 
Organ Donor

Quote:
This is sort of how a while ago some people at the AmbrosiaSW web-forums were asking how to use Uplink to steal money and other things from one of their real-life enemies.

I feel sorry for them.
Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell what he's really talking about.
(Also that wasn't "a while ago," really, that's been going on since ASW released Uplink.)

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Frostysbite
I find it weird that i understood what he was trying to say... *shrugs* Weirdness is everywhere.

PostPosted:Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
I find it weird that i understood what he was trying to say... *shrugs* Weirdness is everywhere.
Perhaps you could be so kind as to tell us? :p

PostPosted:Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:49 pm 
External Project Staff

Quote:
Hey folks, I thought you might enjoy this. Someone sent me emails which I think (?) relate to Onlink. And I have no idea what this guy's trying to say:
Code:
Subject: revelation From: loionan@gmail.com To: steven@uplinklabs.net <blablabla> I need help. I want to reveal the truth. I hope is not too late.
Basically what he's saying is that he likes Onlink and that his files got deleted (Which he feels is mr Ebola's fault). After that he's talking about his religion (He reads a lot of bible, thinks he's a reincarnation, does a little magic, etc. If you guys seriously want the details on this I'll translate it to proper English, but there's nothing new there. I promise). After this he reveals that he thinks Uplink/Onlink is real (eg that the storyline is not fiction), expressing his desire to help reveal whatever it is he sees that needs revealing.
Quote:
I forwarded it to Miah, we had a good laugh, and figured that was going to be it. But 4 hours later, I get another:
Code:
Subject: I don't want money. From: loionan@gmail.com To: steven@uplinklabs.net I want to participate in your revelation thing. is a very carefull info. understand?
Confirming my earlier assessment that he feels the Uplink/Onlink storyline is not, in fact, fiction.

I hope that clarifies things for you ^.^

[Edit] Reading this again I have a hard time believing that this guy is being serious xD

PostPosted:Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm 

Quote:
[Edit] Reading this again I have a hard time believing that this guy is being serious xD
Either that, or he's just a very bored troll. I do hope that's the case.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm 
Literally Nine

I got another great strange email, but it was sent to the entire kernel mailing list. See below.
Code:
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:35:21 -0500; From: "Vince Moser" <dnbcffbjrgsdl@email.ee> To: "Bradly Howell" <lawrence@silk.corp.fedex.com> Subject: abusive accessible; X-Mailing-List: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org abutted accolade accident abutting
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited. I didn't even know "abutting" was a word.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm 
External Project Staff

Abutting what, is what I'd like to know.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:24 pm 

There ARE dumb people all over. I too wonder whether your guy is just fooling around or really is that kind of person. If the later, he normaly couldn't survive without the help of others. Propably 10% of worlds population couldn't :) They would be run over by a car, be to stupid to manage their life and propably starve to death.
And propably most of that 10% are situated in the "western" developed world.

This chat-log I found a long time ago. I have to translated it into English so please excuse if at some points the English is not verry accurate.
---

The internet is full of people that present themselfes as semi-professional 1337-Hax0rz.
Till recently we from StopHipHop thought real hackers would be a myth,an urban legend, just as weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Yet on the eve of April 4th something very peculiar happened...

There was a hullabaloo in our IRC-channel #stopHipHop. Not because of some metall-girlies that would delight us with their curves. No. A terribly angry Hip-Hopper, obviously offended by our objective and serious web page, entered the chat to demonstrate devastating consequences of his cracker arts. (for newbies: StopHipHop counters HipHop in an ironical manner)

After this splendid specimen of a Hip-Hopper had a verbal buggery with all attendees (without sparing their mothers, fathers, pets and other family members; literally: "we fuck such dipshit victim satanists like you in the ass every day"), something happened that we wouldn't have thought possible and din't take seriously at first. He wanted to hack a computer. My computer.

Some remarks aside here:
1.) The name of the dangerous evildoing Hax0r is "bitchchecker". My humble self is known to the visitors of the page as "moose"

2.) The IP-Address 127.0.0.1 (also commonly known as "local host") should be well known to anybody with some computer background.
This numerical combination simply leads to your own machine. If you connect to that address, you access your machine.

3.) A ping timeout is a connection interruption - for instance due to a system crash or a lost connection to your ISP for any reason

But back to the story now.

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net>) Quit (Ping timeout#)

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net>) has joined #stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> why do you kick me?

<bitchchecker> can't you debate normaly?

<bitchchecker> answer me!

<moose> we didn't kick you

<moose> you had a ping timeout: * bitchchecker (~java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-a97f9137.dip.t-dialin.net>) Quit (Ping timeout#)

<bitchchecker> what ping man?!

<bitchchecker> the timing of my PC is just fine

<bitchchecker> I even have got summer time

<bitchchecker> you banned me

<bitchchecker> confess you *********

<HopperHunter|afk> LOL

<HopperHunter|afk> shit you are stupid, summer time^^

<bitchchecker> Dude, shut your yap! WE DO HAVE SUMMER TIME !!

<bitchchecker> since two weeks now!

<bitchchecker> if you start up your pc a massage pops up in Windwos telling you it is switching to summer time

<moose> You really are a computer literate.

<bitchchecker> Shut your yap! I hack you

<mosse> OK, I'm quiet already, not that you start showing us what kind of great hackor you really are ^^

<bitchchecker> tell me your network address man and you're dead man

<moose> *erm* that would be 129.0.0.1, I guess

<moose> or was it 127.0.0.1 ?

<moose> yes, right: 127.0.0.1, that's it! I'll be awaiting your groovy hack attack

<bitchchecker> in 5 minutes your harddrive will be erased

<moose> wow, I'm really frightened now

<bitchchecker> Stow it! You will be gone soon.

<bitchchecker> I've got a prog here in which I just enter your IP and you'll be dead man!

<bitchchecker> You can bid farewell already

<moose> to whom?

<bitchchecker> to yourself man!

<bitchchecker> buy buy (<< he really wrote it like that. No good English nor was he good at that other language I translated from. Let's say, he propably wasn't a littérateur)

<mosse> I officially shiver because of the a great great Hack0r that you are

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-61a2169c.dip.t-dialin.net>) Quit (Ping timeout#)

It's somewhat obvious what had happened: this moron had entered his own IP into his mighty hack program and let his own computer crash.
Hence the attack on my PC had failed for the time being.
I already started to believe I would have some peace and quiet from further attacks. But it's generally known that a good hacker never capitulates.
Two minutes later he was back again.

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net>) has joined #stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> Dude, be glad my PC crashed. Otherwise you would have been obliterated. Lucky you.

<Metanot> lol

<moose> bitchchecker: OK then. Try again. I still got the same IP: 127.0.0.1

<bitchchecker> you are so stupid, dude

<bitchchecker> you can say buy buy

<Metanot> Man, shove your "dude" up your ass

<bitchchecker> buy buy moose

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-b5cd558e.dip.t-dialin.net>) Quit (Ping timeout#)

The atmosphere was fierce... Would he finally manage to crash my PC after this two failed attempts? I was waiting. Nothing happened. I was reliefed... six minutes passed bye before he prepared the next echelon. As a hacker that normaly cracks whole computer networks, servers and data centers open, he of course now knew why he failed before.

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net>) has joined #stopHipHop

<bitchchecker> moose, you son of a bitch

<Metanot> bitchchecker how old are you?

<moose> hey, what's up bitchchecker?

<bitchchecker> you've got a fry wall

<bitchchecker> fire wall

<moose> could be, I'm not sure, I'm not so street-smart with computers

<bitchchecker> I'm 26

<Metanot> at 26 still such a tone in conversations?

<moose> how did you figure out I had a firewall?

<Metanot> tststs that's not verrrrry goot my friend

<bitchchecker> because your faggot fire wall returned my shut down signal onto my machine

<bitchchecker> be a man and turn that shit off

<moose> cool, didn't even know that was possible.

<bitchchecker> then my virus will destroy your machine

<Metanot> do you hack each other?

<moose> yes, bitchchecker is trying to hack me

<Metanot> hey bitchchecker if you really are a hacker, you must mannage to get arround a firewall. Even I can do that

<bitchchecker> Yes man, I hack the moose but that wanker has got a firewall

<Metanot> what firewall are you using?

<bitchchecker> like a little girl

<Metanot> a firewall is perfectly normal. as a hacker the first you would know is how to bypass one easily .... you little girl^^

<He> Bitch rather enjoy a jackson and chill out. You allow them to provoke you and supply the pubescent girls with fresh ammunition all the time

<bitchchecker> turn firewall off and I send you a virus. fucker

<moose> Nope

<Metanot> hey bitchchecker why should he turn it off, why don't you switch it off!!!!!!!!!!!

<bitchchecker> you are yellow

<bitchchecker> I'm not up to hack like this if he is hiding behind a firewall like a little girl

<bitchchecker> moose, turn your fucking firewall off!

<Metanot> I wanted to say something to that bitchthingmeatheadgizmo: do you know the definition of hacking??? if he turns off the firwall, that's an invitation and absolutely has nothing to do with hacking

<bitchchecker> shut your stupid mouth!

<Metanot> lol

<bitchchecker> my old granny is surfing with firewall

<bitchchecker> and you wimps are acting so cool and don't even have the hearts to go on the internet without firewall

He addressed me as little girl and refered to his granny for using a firewall. I know that old people are somewhat wiser, but I wasn't going to let this vilification befoul my honour. To see whether he really was the mighty hacker that he claimed to be, I just lied about my firewall yet left everything to what it was. I didn't even have a firewall. Just my router had one if I recall correctly.

quote:
<moose> bitchchecker, a colleague just showed me how to turn the firewall off. You may try again now.

<Metanot> bitchhacker isn't a hacker

<Black[TdV]> wat a play on words ^^

<bitchchecker> word man

<moose> bitchchecker: I'm still waiting for your attack

<Metanot> how often do I have to say it: he's not a hacker!

<bitchchecker> Dude, do you want a virus?

<bitchchecker> give your IP and it will erase your hard drive

<Metanot> lol, no thanks, keep it, I'm a hacker myself and if you would know anything about hacking and the hacker codex then I can tell you with 100% certainty, a hacker not you are..^^
(<< despite a real hacker would never claim to be a hacker... It's an accolade given by others. So you may cancel this guy out too)

<moose> 127.0.0.1

<moose> quite easy to remember

<bitchchecker> lolololol, you are dumb as a bread man. You'll be history soon

<bitchchecker> and? how is it? are the first files beeing erased?

<moose> just a moment...

<moose> I'll have a look

Almost freakingly I started up the Windows-Explorer. My heard was pulsating. Had I underestimated him?

<bitchchecker> no need trying to safe anything. You can't *********

<moose> well, that's really ... bad then I guess

<bitchchecker> moose, you mental moron, your harddrive g: is gone

<moose> yes, well ... I obviously can't help it. What a bummer

<bitchchecker> and in 20 seconds your f: is gone

Yes, matter of fact the drives G: and F: really were gone. Did I ever have one?
Never mind, there was no time to waste on such thoughts. Cold shivers ran down my spine. Bitchchecker was so kind to dulcify my torments with leads on fancy music.

quote:
<bitchchecker> tupac rules

<bitchchecker> moose, you son of a bitch, your f: is gone and so is your e:

My E: drive? Oh my goodness... all the games were on there! And my holliday pictures as well. I had to check immediately. But there they were. Safe and sound.
But he said it himselfes ...?
Hmmm, or wasn't he locked onto my computer?

<bitchchecker> now d: is at 45 percent, you mental lolololol

<He> why isn't Meta saying anything anymore?

<moose> because he most cerntainly is rolling on the floor loughing

<Black[TdV]> ^^

<bitchchecker> your d: is gone. GONE!

<He> show him BITCH, let him bleed

This guy really was elite: my CD-drive ought to have erased something? Wow, he must have turned my aged disc-muncher into a burner ... How did he do that? I had to ask him straid away. Some were encouraging him, he himself was giving advises on system security and how this disaster could have been prevented.

quote:
<bitchchecker> moose, you are so stupid. Never give your IP away on the internet.

<bitchchecker> I'm already at 30 percent of your c: drive

Should I reveal his mistake?

* bitchchecker (~java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net <mailto:java@euirc-9ff3c180.dip.t-dialin.net>) Quit (Ping timeout#)

Too late... It was 20:22 when we received a final message of bitchchecker having a ping timeout.
We havn't heard of him since. Must have to do with the summer time.

Last edited by ghost_sypher on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm 

I'm surprised this guy can even connect to the internet. Let alone IRC.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 pm 
Organ Donor

That's a great story. Hah!

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG