Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:A sweet alternative to Nero
    PostPosted:Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 pm 

So, for those of you that use a light App such as PowerISO to burn your data CDs yet you still keep Nero around for Divx to DVD burning I have found a better alternative!

I have always hated Nero, its slow, every 6 months it decided my licenses for the premium parts were out of date and I had to call them and reverify it, and eventually they said "We don't support Nero 6 anymore" well, look I wasn't going to buy Nero 8 because it was expensive so I started looking for an inexpensive replacement, and I found it. AvsToDvd, its a sweet free little program that will take your AVI movies and put them on DVD, thats it thats all it does. Its lightweight, simple, fast, and free. It only has one purpose and it does that purpose extremely well, this is what software was like before people came up that they could charge people more for a popular program by only selling it in a suite of vaugely related and utterly useless programs. So overall I give AvsToDVD a 10\10

Pros
    -Free
    -Lightweight
    -Uses IMGBurn as its burning engine

Cons
    -IMGBurn won't autoupdate when you run AVSToDVD (Its not much of a con but I had to think of something)