Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Uplink questions.. :P
    PostPosted:Mon May 26, 2008 4:13 am 

Well.. Been playing uplink for quite a while now, and I currently on the rank Elite, but, a quite few things I am wondering on.. :mrgreen:

1. The Console, what is the commands that can be used? I know about "Run", "CD" and "Delete"... but Im getting the feeling that there is more? :?:

2. The Uplink Agent list, what can be done with it ?

3. The Revelation virus, can it be obtained like in the beginning of the game? Thinking of hacking into ARC just after I have goten enough computer to do it... :evil:

4. And "speed runs" of the game? I have only found one, and its only 20 min long and its the "Grand Tour", meaning "BAD" ending.
    I know that this would take a lot of time, but would be fun to do a 100 % "Good" or "Bad" ending. Thinking also on having "Good" or "Bad" Neuromancer rating...

5. And last, IF I choose to fight back revelation, can I mannage to complete the game without getting cought? Thinking of using InterNIC as first bounce and just clear the logs there whene I have deleted Revelation....

yeah I know its quite a lot of question now that I have written theme all, but I am so curious :P

Post subject:Re: Uplink questions.. :P
    PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 1:29 pm 

1. Just type "help", and all available commands will be listed. In addition to ones you have already listed, ATM I can only think of "dir"...

2. Once you have had the list for some time (only the viewer program (or something like that, I'm not sure if it's even needed) and a single part of the list will do), you will be contacted. You will be asked to dump the user list on a file server. The files must be decrypted, but even a single file will do. However, you get fully paid only if you dump all the files on the fileserver and decrypt them. If you dump the viewer program too, you'll get a bonus.

3. You can obtain a file called RevelationCore0.7 (or something like that) as soon as the death of the agent is announced. However, it's completely useless. To get the real thing, you must wait for ARC to e-mail you.

4. I don't really know about these. If it's 20 minutes of game time, it's probably impossible, but if you're talking about real world time, it might be possible. I don't think the game will "end" much faster if you choose to side with ARC anyway :-/

Oh, and I don't really know/care about the neuromancer rating. It IS unofficial, after all. Having a good neuromancer rating just means you only take missions which are against companies, not individuals.

5. Yes. Just use InterNIC as your first bounce point while preventing the Revelation from spreading. After it has stopped, delete all logs with a v4.0 log deleter, save the latest "connection established".

Oh yes, and to get Revelation (= Getting ARC to e-mail you), all you have to do is to try to log in in the ARC's Central Mainframe using the username and password the dead Uplink agent provides.

Also, if you want to know how to get the RevelationCore0.7, just ask (me). Although it's completely useless like I said. All it really does is that it changes the form of ARC's e-mail a bit.