Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [74 posts ] 
 Post subject:I got caught smoking pot, what should I do?
PostPosted:Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 pm 

Apologies for making another drug topic but I need help.

I got caught smoking pot last night by my mom. First time I smoked since 4\20 and I get busted, awesome.

So, my mom has been reasonable so far, but I'm about to go have a second talk about it. I told her its something I do occasionally over breaks not during normal school, and that I never pick up, or drive under the influence. She's concerned that it may affect my drug test in a month for my summer job. I'm not as I am an infrequent user. Does anybody have any experience dealing with parents that are reasonable about it?

Post subject:Re: I got caught smoking pot, what should I do?
PostPosted:Mon May 26, 2008 3:01 pm 

Just quit it. Really, been there done that. There are no benefits of doing it...

PostPosted:Mon May 26, 2008 7:26 pm 

By that logic there is also no benefits of eating junk food, drinking, having non-procreative sex, playing video games, or watching tv. Smoking pot occasionally is not a very destructive behavior.

Is pot good for you? No, I'm not going to cite controversial studies that say otherwise because I simply don't believe them.

Anyways I'm quitting purely out of respect for my parents, they let me live under their roof I'll follow their rules.

PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 am 

Quote:
By that logic there is also no benefits of eating junk food, drinking, having non-procreative sex, playing video games, or watching tv. Smoking pot occasionally is not a very destructive behavior.
But that's the problem with this sort of thought - you tell yourself you'll never get caught up in it and that you won't become an addict or something. Did cigarette-addicted smokers start out doing a pack a day or even two? Of course not - it was an occasional thing that grew into a habit.

You say that "smoking pot occasionally is not a very destructive behavior." At least you're admitting that it is destructive. And just think about it - that's something that you're more likely to get sucked into the more and more you try it.

PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 5:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
But that's the problem with this sort of thought - you tell yourself you'll never get caught up in it and that you won't become an addict or something. Did cigarette-addicted smokers start out doing a pack a day or even two? Of course not - it was an occasional thing that grew into a habit.

You say that "smoking pot occasionally is not a very destructive behavior." At least you're admitting that it is destructive. And just think about it - that's something that you're more likely to get sucked into the more and more you try it.
I also said I'm quitting out of respect for my parents, the thing about pot is, its not physically addicting, although it can form mental dependencies, same with sex, junk food, shopping, gambling, basically pot is on the same level with negative legal behaviors but lower than alcohol on the addiction spectrum. Anyways I didn't want this to be a moral discussion about pot anyways it doesn't really matter anymore I've already talked to my parents close the topic, or let the conversation meander.

PostPosted:Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 pm 

Quote:
Anyways I didn't want this to be a moral discussion about pot anyways it doesn't really matter anymore I've already talked to my parents close the topic, or let the conversation meander.
Fair enough. You made the same points (earlier on in this post) that I was going to make, so I have nothing final to add.

Also, to make me sound old: it's bad for you. :P

PostPosted:Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 pm 

Well if the conversation is meandering, then I'd like to say before you take such a hard core it's bad for you stance check out

www.norml.org
www.abovetheignorance.org

Inhaling dried burning plant material is obviously bad for you, so make some cookies, or vaporize the thc and inhale it.

PostPosted:Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 pm 
Organ Donor

Quote:
Cigarettes also contain nicotine, which is an incredibly addictive drug.

It might affect your drug test though Gwanky, depending on how far away the test is and how they test it.
If they test your hair you're screwed no matter what but I don't think many places test hair...

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Thu May 29, 2008 10:21 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Quote:
Quote:

Admitting that it's bad for you really shouldn't be a deterrent, because everything one does is bad for oneself. (Except for maybe death, but that's a different argument for a different topic.) It's not a question of whether or not doing something is bad, it's a question of how bad, and that's all relative.

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm 

Quote:
everything one does is bad for oneself. (Except for maybe death, but that's a different argument for a different topic.) It's not a question of whether or not doing something is bad, it's a question of how bad, and that's all relative.

-- Griffinhart
Eating food to sustain the body is bad? Learning is bad for oneself? Growing is bad for oneself? Howso?

PostPosted:Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 am 
Literally Nine

Most of the ingredients of pot are water soluble, meaning that you should be well clean of it by the time your drug test comes around.

That being said, don't do it again. I'm not going to give a lecture on the evils of drugs, because I think the laws are in need of review (no further detail on this, in hopes to avoid a political storm).

Just remember that you can get in serious trouble. It's a 5 second crime that can cost you a long long time. I know that your financial aid eligibility could be affected by it (and you have Bush Sr. to thank for that).

<snip>

This should suffice for now.

Oh by the way, I hope your username doesn't reflect your real name or your real name shows up in your profile anywhere. It's now in the public domain that you admitted to intent and willful use of a schedule one drug. Just a warning.

PostPosted:Fri May 30, 2008 10:26 am 
Organ Donor

He also said he's quitting.

Now I'm no law expert but I'm pretty sure you can't be arrested for previous drug use.

PostPosted:Fri May 30, 2008 7:19 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
AOL:FinalWarrior591
Quote:
Quote:
everything one does is bad for oneself. (Except for maybe death, but that's a different argument for a different topic.) It's not a question of whether or not doing something is bad, it's a question of how bad, and that's all relative.

-- Griffinhart
Eating food to sustain the body is bad? Learning is bad for oneself? Growing is bad for oneself? Howso?
Food contains untold amounts of toxins for all we know, especially if it's food you haven't specifically grown yourself in an environment you know is utterly free of pollutants (especially ones in the soil). (Or, as a friend of mine once put it, "Everything you eat, breathe, and drink causes cancer!")

"Knowledge is power" but "ignorance is bliss".

The more mature (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "growing") you are, the more responsibilities you have. For some people, responsibility is the last thing we need to give them.

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Fri May 30, 2008 8:44 pm 

You essentially just told me why those things are sometimes bad for some, and I say this: food, drink, knowledge, growth, etc. are good for me, so therefore your statement fails.

PostPosted:Fri May 30, 2008 9:50 pm 
Organ Donor

How about "most recreational activities are usually bad for you in some way."
Obviously he wasn't literally saying everything is bad for you. It was an exaggeration.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.