Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:New release
PostPosted:Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:27 am 

Just curious as to when the team plans to release the latest ver.

Im particullary interested in the F1 bug fix, as i really wish to test out all the new tools and gateways without having to spends hours working my way up.

If the date is in the distant future would u consider releasing the bug fix individually until the next ver.
Or is it, as i suspect worked into a .dat file?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:55 am 
Literally Nine

It's actually not that far into the future, but bear in mind that patience is a virtue ;)

the F1 fix, however, is NOT the cheats menu. Likewise, F12 doesn't exit the game immedatly. Only under a testgame version, and the correct profile name, do the cheats work.

However, I did leave some room for other methods. If you oper Onlink/data/def-gate.txt and edit a gateways price to be negative, you can gain huge amounts of money that way.

However, it would be unwise to try to use a custom gateway, unless you make it yourself. The reason being that the custom gateways on modlink don't support RAM chips, which is a new addition to Onlink.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:02 am 

Okay, thx for the reply.
Just so i can clarify, do you mean that there will be no cheats in the next released ver. ?

Can't wait for the next release either way, great work

Post subject:
PostPosted:Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:15 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:zainal5431
my god i cant believe i didnt see this place sooner i mean even BETA the game has new stuff w00t, just one question...how do i use the 'PC' engine stuff just installed it so yeah...and also glad the difficulty of the game went up 2, my first hack and WHAM i almost got caught...i LOVE this link *bows to the creators of this mod as if the were(and truly ARE) the gods of uplinks TRUE mods* this mod rocks so bad i can feel it beneath my feet o.o

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 am 

The only problem I have after opening the Onlink/data/def-gate.txt is that It confusses me easily, therefore, i have much question of know where exactly or how to make a gateway price a negative so i can save it. I do not know where the price of the gateway is and have checked numorous times....very tricky. I would again, appreciate the help. :?

-Red Wolf

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:11 am 
Literally Nine

Code:
Name, Cost, MaxCPU, MaxRam, MaxMem, MaxUpg, MaxSec, Bandwi, Width, Height, Description numgateways 11 Gateway ALPHA 15000 1 1 4 0 0 1 200 200 <blah blah blah> ^ this one here

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:02 am 

Great I shall try this now. Thanx Kyuu. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:41 am 

backup before you try it, i found it makes the game unstable, perhaps it's im too greedy :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 9:08 am 

Sorry to bump this but I tryed changing the cost of gatways by putting a "-" in front of the number but that didn't make the number negitive. Is that how I should make the cost negitive or is there some other way?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 9:17 am 

AOL:DKWiz214
I'm pretty sure they fixed the negative price glitch... However I found a way to make money off of a gateway. If you edit your current gateway's price to and incredibly high number, and you make the gateway you want have a price of 1, you can make a LOT of money by buying the gateway. Then if you need more, lather, rinse repeat. Close the game and do it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 10:09 am 

thanks I'll try that. one more question, I shouldn't use gateways from modlink?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 2:59 pm 

modlink gateways don't have ram chips that are needed for the gateways (still waiting for the trygames version because his parents decided not to buy the real one)

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 4:23 pm 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
Quote:
thanks I'll try that. one more question, I shouldn't use gateways from modlink?
Well you could use the gateways form the orig uplink, but you are gonna have to Modify them by hand.

I modified the Trinity, my self but i ahvent added in any new ones in fear that It wqould crash. If you all want to see it just ask and I will post a pic here so you all can see what I did.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 21, 2005 4:50 pm 

AOL:DKWiz214
Yea, I downloaded some from modlink, and all I did was add in the RAM. You just need to add in however many RAM slots you want, and then add in the coordinates below. Just use another gateway as a model.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon May 23, 2005 10:02 am 
Literally Nine

Quote:
(still waiting for the trygames version because his parents decided not to buy the real one)
I should like you to email me then... I have a tool to find out the differences between the CD version and the TryGames version. Email me and I'll send you an exe to do this, as I don't have a TryGames version