Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon May 23, 2005 2:09 pm 

If I add coordinates do I just say some random number?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue May 24, 2005 7:34 am 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
Quote:
If I add coordinates do I just say some random number?
No and Yes, No becuase then you wont see it on your gateway when you look at it totally, and also it might crash becuase it can be viewed when you do view your gateway. Yes you can within reason, you ahve too look at your gateway using either paint, or any paint program, and see what the bottom right corner pixel is, corrdinate wise. Then just to less than that.

There was a DOC out on the net that helped with this i forgot who made it though, and where it was. Iam sorry.

Hope this helps.
-Kethlar

Post subject:RAM tif
PostPosted:Tue May 24, 2005 11:06 am 

My major issue with the ram right now is that there isn't a picture for it. I had to create my own (put the memory.tif in a paint program, inverted colors, got a really nice yellow) but that does absolutely no good without knowing what file name the game calls for, and in what location... It has to be added to the folder /Graphics/gateways, which is the file that used to(and still does) hold custom gateway images. Be sure not to add it to the /Graphics/Globals/gateways or the /Graphics/uplinkcorp/gateways folders, since it would be a waste of time because it doesn't work(at least not for me). I'm hoping that the issue will be fixed soon since most new players won't know how to correct it.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Wed May 25, 2005 1:01 pm 

Okay, an update on that last post. I have not only created the ram icon for the hardware veiw, but I have also begun correcting the gateways as well. I am adding ram slots to the images(and thumbnails for consistency and the sake of being thorough :wink: ) and adjusting the coordinates in the def-gateway file. Just a minor aesthetic improvement, but I didn't like having the little black box floating in the upper left corner of my gateway. If anyone would like these correcting files, pm me with your email and I shall send you a copy. If any of the staff would like a copy to save them time in correcting it later, I'd be more than happy for you to use it. Also I am modifying custom gateways as well. Let me know what you need.

Post subject:Re: RAM tif
PostPosted:Thu May 26, 2005 7:23 pm 

Quote:
absolutely no good without knowing what file name the game calls for, and in what location...
Actually It was trial and error with me, but the first time I HIT it right on the dot, it is RAM.TIF, and RAM_t.TIF, for both of thoes. You are also kinda right, the RAM.TIF's worked in bothe places for me though, both in the globals and the GRAPHICs folder. So, it was of no bigie for me. BUt the file name in itself, are the ones above. Go ahead and try it. I made my own ram and buttons, for my Onlink and Iam happy with it.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Thu May 26, 2005 8:59 pm 

Huh, you have to make a thumbnail image as well? I didn't, lol, and it works just fine. Not sure what's up with that. Also I am putting the finishing touches on the OML-100. I figured that 5 ram slots was a bit much, so I'm bringing it down. After that I'll send it to Miah and everyone will have a nice, pretty, new gateway.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Fri May 27, 2005 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Huh, you have to make a thumbnail image as well? I didn't, lol, and it works just fine. Not sure what's up with that. Also I am putting the finishing touches on the OML-100. I figured that 5 ram slots was a bit much, so I'm bringing it down. After that I'll send it to Miah and everyone will have a nice, pretty, new gateway.
Only reason why I made the thumbnail is so I dont have ANY problems at all, it saves your butt and 'covers your @$$' so to speak, so you dont have ANY errors popin up at you.

But good luck on the gateway hopefully nothing pops up or creeps up on you whileist you are working on it.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Fri May 27, 2005 10:31 pm 

I actually just finished the OML-100 and sent it to Miah today. So as soon as there's time it should be up for dowload. I made one tiny mistake but it was in the stupidest place. I made the path that it unzips to gateways when it should only be gateway. So a small error on my part and everyone has to drag and drop the files. It's only two, but still, i don't usually make mistakes, lol. Oh, and the correction pack for the default gateways is finished. :wink: So I'm actually looking for some new "projects", if you happen to have some for me, or suggestions for some.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 28, 2005 11:27 am 

Quote:
So I'm actually looking for some new "projects", if you happen to have some for me, or suggestions for some.
My suggestion... or Opinion, just keep making NEW gateways, and pics for Onlink/Uplink, and just keep making them, either revamp old ones or make new ones. Then just give or post them on a website(picture only), and/or give them to Miah, and see if anyone will like them, or be able to vote on the ones that we/they like. Maybe they will be added later on.?

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 28, 2005 12:14 pm 

Excellent suggestion. I'll start on them right away. I might want to do a poll and see what kind of gateways people are looking for, more mem, cpus, ram, sec, bandwidth, and then work from there. Also see if they want to get away from the classic "purpley blue" and try something else.