Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:General problems and quesitons about Onlink.
    PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 am 

Hello. After one year (or so) pause from playing uplink/onlink i decided to come back.
    Recently i downloaded Onlink updater,installed BETA, and i have 'some' issues.
    1st. On InterNIC, if i use Log_Deleter v4 i get PLENTY of empty space between 3-4 logs and rest of them, like 10-20 entries could fit in, but it's entirely empty.
    2nd. Crashees. It crashes like crazy for me. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (ran it in x86 and x86_64, same results). It crashes so often that it is unplayable! Can it be that i use it with steam overlay?
    3rd. There was some project that was supposed to be 'continuation' of Onlink. What about it? I can't really find any information on wiki, wich is very incomplete from what i see.

I would love to play Onlink, but with those 2 bugs it's almost unplayable. Deleting one log takes like 1 minute, and even after i do it, i get crash and need to do it again.

Post subject:Re: General problems and quesitons about Onlink.
    PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:31 pm 

The project is named Cerberus. It IS being developed, although painfully slowly.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:18 am 

Ah. I understand what you mean really. Been doing something for garrysmod (major projects). Even grass grows faster.
    I hope this band won't start playing diffrent tunes (:wink:).

About the crashes. Windows XP compatilibity mode kind of made them more rare, but the log thing is still there. It is like (x=log .=BLACK)
    Quote:
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Annoying as hell.

PostPosted:Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm 

Quote:
    Hello. After one year (or so) pause from playing uplink/onlink i decided to come back.
    Recently i downloaded Onlink updater,installed BETA, and i have 'some' issues.
    1st. On InterNIC, if i use Log_Deleter v4 i get PLENTY of empty space between 3-4 logs and rest of them, like 10-20 entries could fit in, but it's entirely empty.
    2nd. Crashees. It crashes like crazy for me. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (ran it in x86 and x86_64, same results). It crashes so often that it is unplayable! Can it be that i use it with steam overlay?
    3rd. There was some project that was supposed to be 'continuation' of Onlink. What about it? I can't really find any information on wiki, wich is very incomplete from what i see.

I would love to play Onlink, but with those 2 bugs it's almost unplayable. Deleting one log takes like 1 minute, and even after i do it, i get crash and need to do it again.

Long time that this problem occurs.
    The spaces appear in the logs of any ip of the game even in their own gateway.
    One way to avoid the empty space is not leaving the game, they appear only after you exit the game and back
    You can also disable the autosave is what causes those crashes in the middle of the game, save game format is xml and file size of around 100 megabytes, compressed GZ is 3 to 4 MB. can only hope to fix the bug.
    as I have the game source, thought about doing a program to fix the save game, but unable to find which bytes in the file cause the problem.

PostPosted:Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 pm 

Quote:
    Ah. I understand what you mean really. Been doing something for garrysmod (major projects). Even grass grows faster.
    I hope this band won't start playing diffrent tunes (:wink:).

About the crashes. Windows XP compatilibity mode kind of made them more rare, but the log thing is still there. It is like (x=log .=BLACK)
    Annoying as hell.
    I did use the program to fix the savegame and will have less gaps in log.
    On win7 your savegame will be in C:\Users\Peter Norton\AppData\Roaming\Onlink\users
    Where "Peter Norton" is your username.
    Note: Use a 32bit system to run it, can be in VMware.
    Maybe I'll do a version for 64bit's
    see the link below
    viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2667

PostPosted:Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:32 am 

limpa you say? Ill try to find source code and compile for 32/64bit without VC++ dependecies. Or better, make program do it.
    EDIT: Care to give me the source code? Ill try to re-make it in c++ and compile for 64bit users.

PostPosted:Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 am 

Attachment:
    LIMPA.txt [2.8KiB]
    Downloaded 705 times
    Quote:
    limpa you say? Ill try to find source code and compile for 32/64bit without VC++ dependecies. Or better, make program do it.
    EDIT: Care to give me the source code? Ill try to re-make it in c++ and compile for 64bit users.
    you want to find the source code of something that is not on the web? (laughs)
    No problem I give you the source.
    uplinkqonlink the source code was released?
    if yes, where I get it and what compiler?

PostPosted:Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 pm 

The sourcecode for Uplink has copyrights, so you need to buy the Uplink Developer CD to get it.