Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:New version?
    PostPosted:Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:26 pm 

Well I got Uplink from Ebgames, and Onlink keeps telling me there is a new version, but it doesn't show up on the site.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:06 am 

Have you downloaded the patch? If not, download it and unzip it into your Uplink(Onlink) folder and let it replace the .exe and that should fix it. And just so you know, onlink won't accept any of the old custom gateways that were made for uplink, they have to be modified first. There is a post on here about how to do that, but if you don't want to go through that trouble, I'm the guy to come to. :wink: Just private message me and let me know which one(s) you want modified and I'll hook you up. Also, I have made a replacement pack of graphics, for the gateways already in the game, which fixes a couple errors it had with RAM placement. (no image for the RAM and it was floating somewhere in the upper left corner, lol) Anyway, if you have any more issues, be sure to search the forums. With a little luck you'll most likely find what you need to know. (Like the fact that at the current stage in the beta, you can't hack LANs. And some of the software doesn't work yet.) So goodluck, and enjoy

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:49 am 

Thanks I thought the patch, was for people who had a different version. I feel stupid... :oops:

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:09 am 

Haha, no worries. :wink: I wish it was so simple to change the version. Not that another install is difficult, lol, just not as easy as a patch. At this stage in the beta, things are developing so dramatically, and are so different from the previous release, that a complete install is pretty much the only way to do it. The patch was created after the fact to clear up a couple bugs(from what I can tell) in the system.