Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Now Hiring... <haw haw>
    PostPosted:Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:52 pm 
    Literally Nine

But seriously, I'm in need of some help, if anyone is interested. Basically, I need someone who's able to write lengthly descriptions and/or guides (namely the FAQ). I've never been an artist with words, so to speak, and I tend to make things soung more difficult than they really are.

If anyone's interested, please post here...

Last edited by Miah on Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:42 am 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
    Well like I said Miah, I would do this for you if you wish, all I need is what they do, or what they are supposed to do. Then I can make descripts or there of for them.

If you wish just tell me.... You have my AIM name, and my Email so I will be on there if you want to talk.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:33 am 

I've done alot in early game design(Producing Game Bibles, Concept Design and FAQs etc.) and I'm fairly familiar with the Uplink Game Code / Dev CD(which I was lucky enough to buy off Ebay), I can probably help you out. Send an email on what you need done to: Duda69@gmail.com

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:39 pm 

As always, I am more than willing to offer any assistance that I can. Should I start writing now, or wait for a response? (Yes I realize the irony of that question.) Also, would you like to have screenshots? I know that it would make the file (if a downloadable copy is made) a lot larger, but it would eliminate any possible confusion as to what is being referenced.

It might be quicker if you have several people, working on different sections, at the same time. Although the final product might not have the fluidity of something written by a single author, it would be the most time effective method. Just a thought. :wink: Also, it might be a good idea, once you have your writers in place, to define the limits of the "Guide/FAQ." For instance limiting the description of the procedures involved in a certain action (i.e. bank hacking, compiling programs, ect.) to a fairly general outline of what has to be accomplished, rather than detailing the entire process step by step.

disturbed1@email2me.net

Post subject:Re: Now Hiring... <haw haw>
    PostPosted:Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:21 pm 

I'll do it,I don't know if you only take prexsisting staff or something, but I'd write the Guide\FAQ (or parts) if you care email me at jolo78957@aim.com.

Post subject:I'd like to contribute by translating
    PostPosted:Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:46 pm 

If It's usefull to anyone, I'd be more than happy be helping translating stuff to danish.

Post subject:RE: now hiring... <haw haw>
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:04 pm 

Well... I've never really done anything like this before... but I guess I have to start somewhere. I can translate stuff into somewhat legable French, as well as writing down what goes on when you push the big red button. I would be happy to help in any way, even if that means not helping.

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:03 am 

If you ever need any help with the website, ive been told i have the webskills of a japanese 12 year old (which is awesome.)

I write in PHP, MySQL, a bit of javascript, and obviously, HTML. I do lots of graphics (2d, but mainly 3d)

portfolio n stuff
    http://www.stuffs.uk.tt (current website, needs updating badstyle)
    http://www.cgfreelance.net (nearly finished, you can all have exlusive access to the underconstruction, goto http://www.cgfreelance.net/index1.php)
    http://www.stuart-emma-landrover110.co.uk
    http://www.rise-up.org.uk (needs finishing)

contracted websites (sites that i have been asked to redesign)
    http://www.icarusband.com

Like mentioned previously, if you need any graphics, website help or anything, then i'll help ya'll out, and im only hobbyist, so pretty much alll the work i do is free.

gr8 mod btw, im just gettin to grips with it, bin a while since ive played uplink until i found this!

congrats on awesomeness.

Dom

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:40 pm 

i could work on an faq aswell or game guide

i havnt done any before as i always memorise it instead of writing it for otheres but mabe me and Kethlar could work on it :D

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:51 am 

Location:An empty room with nothing but a computer and a broken light-bulb hanging from the ceiling....
    I'd like to help also, my spare time needs a use anyways. I work best with LANs(I have several of em on pencil and paper just waiting to be put into a .TIFF) and uncovering bugs.(Goes hand-in-hand with my spare time.)

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:29 am 

ha finding bugs is for me to, i dont want to go into any of the story untill the game is complete (the story line might not even be included yet but i dont wanna know what happens till i can fully exsperiance it)
    but miah i hope you are working on the programs :lol: i cant wait to be able to use them all

so for now its hacking randomly trying random things trying to see if i can make onlink crash

1 thing tho, will buttons.txt make the game crash? it just seems weird