Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Lifters and Insanity
    PostPosted:Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am 

Hey Guys,

I am running into a bit of an issue with the lifters and gateways.
    I had to downgrade to a7 r45 because the file save issue in the a8 builds wouldn't let me get very far due to memory usage (Yes, I went as far as installing linux and it still was there).

Well, now I am reading the forums further on the issue of the gateways and lifters and some people suggest denial. I went to look in the place to buy it at the uplink research place and it is not there. I assume that is because it was not in the a7 builds. Either that or am I looking in the wrong place which is certainly possible. (Edit: Was the case finally found it in the ferrous moon project server.)

I've tried several different things as much as the game will allow (far as I see).
    • I Filled the Lifters memory so it can't add the files back (Failure as it deletes everything puts the files back)
    • Encrypted the Files (Success the gateway crashes when i delete the sys files on the gateway, but the gateway still comes back online anyway)
    • Deleted all the Files (Failure as the files just come back)
    • Tried logging in as both write and system with same results for all three. System seems to have identical access as write in this one and there is no way to get to console for me to kill the server.
    If anyone has any suggestions or solutions (or know of later builds in the a7 series that fixes this) I'd appreciate it as I have been here all night trying to solve this seemingly simple problem.

Sincerely,
    Sir MMPD Radick

Ps. I was planning to make a video for youtube out of everything when I finished which is why I am dealing with the lifters in the first place rather than skipping it. If you need visual of what is going on I do have it recorded.

Edit: Well, i gave up on trying to hack it as it really does seem impossible without denial. Since it was a trace the hacker mission I just went through every name on the uplink agent list to complete it.

Edit: Since I found the Denial I was able to take out the gateway, but denying the lifters then trying to take out the gateway directly does not work. Either way it is solved and I am very thankful. :)

Post subject:Re: Lifters and Insanity
    PostPosted:Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 pm 

As far as I remember, there is kind of a bug when a server has two lifters, and you can only hack using denial. Maybe that is the case?

PostPosted:Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 pm 

er...i waited about 3 weeks for the revelation virus in Aroumor's special mission.
    the mission is to steal data from ARC's LAN,and you can find revelation in Aroumor's file server.
    then ,run revelation on the gateway system is ok
    good luck ,you will find "nagispec" on the LAN of ferrousmoon

PostPosted:Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm 

Thanks for the replies. Yeah as mentioned in the edits i did finally get it. Was a relief in a half. I hate losing a mission for no reason. :)

Denial makes life much easier to say the least. I wish I had it from the beginning of the game it would have saved me a ton of time. LOL