Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Help from experienced onlinkers?
    PostPosted:Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm 

I would like to ask either Miah to give more specification about "Tribute to Mosana" (at least i think i remember the correct name) mission because it is annoying when uplink cuts you off for almost anything you do, so what do they want from me? i really dont know, there could be at least listed what makes you get cut off from uplink because there is NONE defence against that...

...or, could some more experienced Onlinker give me some advices about that mission please?

Post subject:Re: Help from experienced onlinkers?
    PostPosted:Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:26 pm 

Quote:
    I would like to ask either Miah to give more specification about "Tribute to Mosana" (at least i think i remember the correct name) mission because it is annoying when uplink cuts you off for almost anything you do, so what do they want from me? i really dont know, there could be at least listed what makes you get cut off from uplink because there is NONE defence against that...

...or, could some more experienced Onlinker give me some advices about that mission please?
    If you copy and paste the mission text exactly I can help, I can't quite remember the exact mission.

PostPosted:Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 am 

I will post it next time i will get there...

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 am 

Well, the email from Uplink Corp. is very specifc about what you must or mustn't do... my tip is to only do what they ask you - nothing else - and be patient; it takes some time between the steps you take and the arrival of further instructions

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 am 

If when you say Uplink cuts you off you mean game over, I think I know the issue. If you're searching in someone's PC for a file, and the email says there are Uplink people remotely viewing your gateway and not to touch anything until further instruction, that's exactly what you must do.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 am 

Yes, cut off means game over... but when i waited once, they told me that they were waiting for two hours and that i should call them when i will be prepared... (i did not find Miah´s computer in that time, so maybe because of it)...so i should get the IP, connect to pc and wait for a mail?
    Sorry for dumb questions, but i am too paranoid now to simply try it again and loose again...

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 am 

Those are the messages... now when black on white(or inverted when already posted) i can read it easier than white on blue... so maybe i will finally manage to finish it...
    PS: Handwritten

Message 1: A tribute to Mosana
    We´ve noticed your progress here at Uplink, and would like to offer you a private contract directly from us.

As you´ve undoubtedly seen, shortly after your arrival at Uplink, one of our very best former agents took his own life for reasons that we cannot explain. To put it simply, we´re not entirely satisfied with the federal investigation´s conclusion citing financial problems. Wilson was employed through Ferrous Moon, which has a history of looking after their own in situations like this, and we´re certain that they would have looked after Wilson given his expertise and background with their directing staff.

What we are about to ask you to do will put both you and ourselves at risk. While you are not the highest ranking agent within our association, you are the highest ranking agent that would have no reason to inform our target. simply put, you do not have personal ties that most of our otherwise-qualified agents have.

As you are propably aware, Miah clayton was the Vice Director of Uplink before resigning to found and manage his company Ferrous Moon. Many of our agents that choose to transfer to the safer public sector find themselves working with Ferrous Moon, either permanently or until other employment makes itself available. Wilson was no exception. At the height of his career, he was receiving missions directly from Clayton on behalf of our board of directors.

Shortly after Wilson´s death, federal agents sought to obtain a warrant to search the Ferrous Moon corporate headquarters, They were unsuccessfull after one of Ferrous Moon´s legal team was, as we understand, "very persuasive" with the presiding judge. The warrant request was subsequently denied.

This strikes us as peculiar. While the denial of the warrant was not exactly unexpected, the fact that one of the Ferrous Moon legal team showed up was, throughout countless such requests, even those potentially more damning, they have never bothered to send their legal team to stop it in this force before.

What we ask of you is no small task. We want you to break into the former Vice Director´s personal computer and see if you can find anything that may seem out of place. Please note that Clayton has developed a number of proprietary systems to protect important data, and you may find yourself in for a hell of a trip. Just remember this from the old spy´s manual: sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight.

This mission is entirely up you you. We have laid all of our cards down. It´s time to make your move. We will not reprimand you if you refuse. Certainly you would be putting yourself at grave risk if you are caught, but we will offer 35000c up front if you accept, and an additional 40000c upon completion. Due to the sensitive nature of this operation, we will be watching you while you ececute this contract, in case you miss

---END---

after accepting, message 2: Further instructions
    We are pleased that you´ve accepted this mission. there are a few things to iron out before we start, and one of them is briefing you more completely.

First, a warning, if you have a motion sensor on your gateway, take its status with a grain of salt. A number of us are going to be right next to your gateway so we can see what you´re seeing. Putting it simply, the way that our datacentres are fashioned makes it nigh on impossible for anyone, even our own directors, to monitor what´s happening on our agents´ gateways. We must remain deniable if an agent must be disavowed.

We have three people on their way to your gateway, and they are expected to arrive withing two or three minutes. A representative from the board of directors, a consultant we´ve hired from Ferrous Moon, and a hardware technician from the datacentre who has recently received a donation from upstairs will be present. The cover soty we´re giving the rest of the staff in the building is that you have some possibly defective hardware from a recently broken batch of CPUs, and we need to confirm the detect before halting a shipment of this size. Please ignore any emails after this mission that refer to hardware being replaced. They are from us.

This being said, we´ve heard from our "consultant" that Ferrous Moon deals directly with their employees´s home connections. Your best best to finding Clayton´s home PC is through the Ferrous Moon Name Server.

Lastly, and we need to put emphasis on this one, this is a covert mission, Clayton cannot know that you´re on his computer, so do as much as you can before you seek to break into his admin menu. It won´t take long by any measure for him to figure out who´s trying to sniff him out. Everyone here, you and the whole of Uplink, must be deniable. Do not copy anything unless we direct you to, and do not, under any circumstance. delete anything from his system. He is highly competent, and we have no predictions of what he might do if he knows Uplink is probing him.

---END---

So, i got bunch of instructions of what i musn´t do, but i dont know what i should do...

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am 

Go into his computer, don't break admin, find the file server, wait. Done.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm 

Thank you very much, i finally managed to finish that mission...

...unlucky weird thing happened and all my bank accounts was screwed up, making me drop from 1,5M balance to -1,5M...

Very last question, do you think that guides are worth making them, i mean if i add some guides or tools on wiki, if it wont take the fun out of game... for example now i am about to make VSEC trainer that i can solve patterns easily

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:14 pm 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    ...unlucky weird thing happened and all my bank accounts was screwed up, making me drop from 1,5M balance to -1,5M...
    Hint: That's not a glitch.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:31 pm 

Quote:
    Quote:
    I've never encountered this...

PostPosted:Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm 
    Literally Nine

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I've never encountered this...
    Maybe you steal money properly then.

PostPosted:Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 am 

oh cool... so they took back what i stole?
    My first though was some another hacker because nothing is in statement...but what did i do bad? all logs were deleted and it took them like week to take it back so there must be some new security trick...

1) I have deleted log about sending money to me in sender´s statement logs
    2) I have deleted log about receiving money in my account´s statement logs
    3) I have deleted some of the bounce logs to cut the chain...

...So the only thing that comes to my mind is to delete log that sender received those money in sender´s logs. Because this way it only looks like he got big amount of money but they disappeared surprisingly, but anyways they couldn´t know who stole them.

I must say that Onlink is much more improved and complicated than it looked at first look...

PostPosted:Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:41 am 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
    AOL:FinalWarrior591
    If you don't want spoilers on why this happens, then don't look at this relevant post.

-- Griffinhart