Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Thank you very much!
PostPosted:Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how far Intellectual Property rights go, but I would assume that you'd need some confirmation you could release it as it's still based on the original game? Maybe it's so far removed it doesn't need to be though.
Based on what they've said about it, it sounds like the only similarity to Uplink is that it's a game about hacking where you connect to other computers. Introversion didn't exactly come up with that idea so I think it'll be pretty safe.
Ah that'd be fine then, as long as everything is different.

PostPosted:Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm 

Actually, they have the rights for the code, so even Onlink is legal.

Also, I like what I see in Miah's post. VERY much. :classy:

PostPosted:Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:52 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos
Quote:
...And that, gentlemen, is how you should be destroying someone's life.
Sounds like fun.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 pm 

Firstly, sorry for my poor english :D
Secondly, thanks for really good mod!

I have few words for developers of Onlink: Uplink, or more precisely Onlink still have active players! Please keep work on/updating Onlink. It is such a good mod, but there are some bugs.

As someone said before - there is annoying save game bug, which makes Onlink unplayable. I dont care about other bugs. I dont care about bugs overall, if the game is playable. I looked at the new save file structure. Its a xml file. It is very good idea, but this save file is growing with the long time you playing the onlink. Ie.: When I play Onlink for 2 minutes, the save file is quite small, and saving process is fast (<1 min), but when I try to save Onlink after 30 minutes the save file is ~2 MB compressed and ~20MB uncompressed and saving process last ~5 minutes... This is just annoying, but when I playing Onlink for 2+ hours and try to save it, the Onlink crashes - after some time of saving (maybe xml information is too big and the ram is exhausted or something like it..).

And i forget - I played 2 hours without auto save of course, with autosave it is totally unplayable - there are lags for XX seconds when autosave starts to saving - of course.. this is problem, which I described above.

Please release new fix (build), which will fix this saving problem. It is critical problem, it makes the Onlink totally unplayable - and I WANT to play it. Thank you VERY MUCH! I pray for this fix.

P.S.: When dev team will alpha testing the new build with save game fix - please try to play for some hours - the save problem occurs after some time of playing. If you play only few minutes, it will not occur and it will look like it is ok...

PostPosted:Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36 pm 
Literally Nine

Yes, we know about the savegame bug. No need to reiterate it. But thank you anyway.

We're going to start working on a fix for the savegame issues. I think what we'll do is use something like libxml2 instead of tinyxml, which is our biggest issue.

PostPosted:Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:50 am 

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking forward for new build :wink: