Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

What kind of Gateways would you like too see made for Onlink?
More CPU Slots  19%  [6 ]
More Memory Slots  23%  [7 ]
More RAM Slots  23%  [7 ]
More Security Slots  6%  [2 ]
More Bandwidth  13%  [4 ]
I don't care as long as you change the color of them  16%  [5 ]
Total votes :31
 Post subject:New Gateways!!!
PostPosted:Sat May 28, 2005 12:25 pm 

I'm getting ready to make some gateways and I was wondering what everyone would like to have included in them. Whether it be more cpu slots, or memory, or RAM, or security, or higher bandwidth, or even just a different color scheme. Vote and give me specifics of what you want to see. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat May 28, 2005 5:21 pm 

AOL:oXKethlarXo
"I don't care as long as you change the color of them" That is mine.

Color and looks of them. That purpley blue tends to get annoying after a while. ;P

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:07 pm 

Location:An empty room with nothing but a computer and a broken light-bulb hanging from the ceiling....
I'd want more RAM.I have plenty memory and CPU money BUT all you have is one RAM slot,maning a max of 128 RAM,I'm ok with the RAM thing,but its low limit annoys me.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:16 am 

alter colour of gateway to match the "best" stat on it.
say, blue for CPU-enhanced gateways. red for memory/ram enhanced. yellow for security, might give it more spice than just a standard colour scheme to all of them.

i would prefer to see gateways with more memory, as i quickly run out with the amount of things i try and store all the time. ((200Gq missions anyone?))

just my personal preference really.
enjoy
rabz

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:02 pm 

Location:An empty room with nothing but a computer and a broken light-bulb hanging from the ceiling....
I tihnk you should have a "Paintshop".Allowing you to choose the color of your gateway.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:33 pm 

Quote:
I tihnk you should have a "Paintshop".Allowing you to choose the color of your gateway.
What do you mean by 'Paintshop' so you mean like a gallery and let us as the people choose?
Naw we dont need that at all. Just let him/her make what they want and keep making them, and he will get credit for htem when the new update comes out if Miah puts them in. Other than that keeping them hidden and keeping them to him/herself would and will be their best bet.

Keeps the people getting them and saying it is theirs.

Sorry, I dont think he shoudl have a gallyer type thing letting us choose. This poll is the best just to see what they can add for all of us.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:57 am 

Quote:
I think what he means is a pre-set pallet with say, 24 colours. which changes one or two colour aspects on each gateway while in game. This would be VERY difficult to implement on top of the current gateway system, seen as its all pre-defined outside of the game its self.

Personally, seen as i am a modder in my spare time, i would like it so that the mod-gateways that come in after Onlink is finished have a maximum number of upgrade "points". Each point is allocated to a single upgrade slot. wether it is CPU/RAM/Memory/Security/etc.
So future modders are limited to how many upgrades they can put on their gateway ((stops use of the CPU-spam like the Affinity by i8088))
This isnt to stop full use of a gateway in game, but to stop excessive use of upgrades when creating a mod.
This would proberbly be difficult to implement, but i could see the potential in limiting the upgrades in this way. ((couldnt it just count the number of slots and varify it against a preset value or say, 30?))

I can see that my thoughts would lead to "balanced" gateways, then gateways with high-end processing/minimal storage and vise-versa.

Just me being silly though.
Have fun
Rabz

Post subject:
PostPosted:Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:16 pm 

I have a sloution,have multible versions of a gateway,like say GatewayALPHAblue.TIF GatewayALPHAred.TIF ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:18 pm 

Unfortunately, the way the game calls for the image files, I would have to create a separate file for each color change. Although this wouldn't be difficult, it would create a seriously long list of gateways, and also seriously cluttler the gateway folder for the game. Yes a palate selection would be nice, or a drop-down menu(like used for the software) for customization (like on websites where you choose what you want added to the item you're purchasing and the price is calculated by taking the base price plus the upgrades). Be a rather nice addition, and might not take too much coding. But again, to call up the images... It would be quite the hassle. Who knows. Anyway, so far it looks like ram and color and the two biggest issues. I'll get straight on that. My image program screwed up so it's taking a while to get them drawn up. I'll design the boards and lay out the parts after I find out which ones there need to be more of. I'll just keep the pole open and take new votes into account on the next board(s).

Plus. I would like some color suggestions, it will be really helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:50 pm 

Quote:
Plus. I would like some color suggestions, it will be really helpful.
OOoh I would like a Purple, not the dark purple, but Not Violet either, that almsot dark one I cant think of the name sorry. And Pepsi Blue, together.
If that is possible. :P

That is my color suggestion :D

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:55 am 

I'm not usually one to stare at my gateway screen for hours on end, so I don't see what the issue with gateway color is. Can't we just have more slots for things?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:57 pm 

Quote:
OOoh I would like a Purple, not the dark purple, but Not Violet either, that almsot dark one I cant think of the name sorry. And Pepsi Blue, together.
If that is possible.
Oh I see! So you want the original ones huh? LOL Or are you seriously suggesting something like that, only a darker purple?

Quote:
I'm not usually one to stare at my gateway screen for hours on end, so I don't see what the issue with gateway color is. Can't we just have more slots for things?
Well first of all, there are going to be more slots, but since I am making
*BRAND NEW* Gateways, I figured I'd offer a poll to see what other players wanted, and all that blue gets a little monotonous at times. And I don't spend hours viewing mine either, but it is nice to have something interesting to look at when you do look at it, say to see if you have empty slots to fill. And I have the new RAM Chips already done, in a nice yellow I might add, lol. I could do parts packages as well if any of you would like that. I'm no neott, or hexadecimal, but I'm gonna take a stab at this, and I don't think it will be too bad at all. :wink:

Post subject:Silly PFP... LOL...
PostPosted:Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:29 am 

Quote:
Oh I see! So you want the original ones huh? LOL Or are you seriously suggesting something like that, only a darker purple?
Actually Iam serious, the color right now which is stock, is a blue not really a purple. Like this forum colors. It is blue. I want pruple. Not to dark like a burgendy type purple, but nbot to light like a lavander/lavender...however you spell it.

That is what I would like. And yes iam serious.

-Kethlar

Post subject:
PostPosted:Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 am 

I happen to like the way gateways tend to blend in with the rest of the game's color scheme. I think that if the devs could add that "paint bucket" code suggested above, it would satisfy everyone. And besides, creating a bunch of colors for all the gateways should be nothing more than a minute or two of Photoshop work. Unless you don't have Photoshop or an equivalent program, in which case I'd be happy to help the cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:10 pm 
Connoisseur of the Godawful

Yahoo Messenger:alistair_lynn
AOL:Agent_Vast@mac.com
Actually, setting levels of blue to represent shades of a colour and having someone select the colour without including graphics might work.