Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:onlink version 0.1.2 bypasses and DNS server problens
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm 

when I was playing that version, there is some monitors, firewalls and proxys that can't be bypass because uplink only sells the version 5 of the bypasses. What is going on? some bug?

now about the DNS servers. When I accept that missions of change DNS information like ip and owner. I can't change the ip, I can't delete the numbers and change for the customer's number I'm doing by Internic. What is happening with this onlink game?

I have the onlink version 0.1.2

Thanks

PS: sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil.

Post subject:Re: onlink version 0.1.2 bypasses and DNS server problens
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm 

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

No seriously it's a feature with some minor drawbacks to be solved in the next update as I understood.
    It's only logical that companies increase there security levels and software when beeing hacked repeatedly. A topic about security programm versions allready exists here somewhere.
    I think I read on it some while ago, that the versions of bypassers increase over time as well (you have to play a really long time) and unfortunately drop back to standard when you leave and reenter the game. This is thought to be fixed with the next release.
    You can still kill security if you have time and nerves ;)

To DNS: to Onlink is only happening the best. It's evolving, thanks to the efforts of Tycho, Miah and others and their tyreless dedication of making this game better and at the same time pleasing everybody's ideas on what the game should look like and work by brainstorming the community. By the way, thanks you guys. You are the heros!
    Search the Wiki on security programms. It's explained there. Also a litle bit is explained in game, if you log on to Uplink internal service machine and Uplink Laboratories service machine ... or what that's called ... and read up on the info.
    There are security measures, that make e.g password hacking efforts useless, because they recognise the huge bandwithe usage and throughput and cancel responses, just like in real life. Others don't accept special entries made from outside such as copying, deleting ...
    It's much more fun.
    So there you have it.

Last edited by ghost_sypher on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:29 pm 

ghost_sypher, Thank you so lot my friend, I will check this.
    I will post here the results of my check

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done:

I just saw that, must be a bug because the only thing I can't edit is the Ip number. I'm talking about that beginner missions where you must change some server's ip (change the DNS record for a server) I have to break the Internic Password and search for DNS Records, typing the ip I can find the server then I can change (not in this case because of the bug) I can edit anything but the Ip and the Computer name. so everything else can be edited like: Registrar, administrative contact, technical suport, owner and Name Servers. I'm also bought the hud connection analizer and the B.Monitor Bypass. but Internic doesn't have any defenses, so guys, It might be some bug after all

Is there someone else with that problem?

Please guys I need some help here.

Thanks.

PostPosted:Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:28 am 

I never changed anything on InterNIC (accept the logs). Are you sure you are right there?

And one other thing: it's not necessarily a bug just because you can't solve it. So please don't cry for having found a bug every time. And if it is, see whether it's already been reported.

Go and read the Ultimate Uplink-Guide on modlink: http://guide.modlink.net/

To be a hacker, you have to also do a lot of research. A lot can be found on the forum here. Use the search function.
    I don't really get what you're trying to do there. Either modify a log on interNIC or change data on a name server. For the first on, log_deleter is the wrong tool for obvious reasons and the second one isn't to be solved on interNIC.
    As of your two messages I tried to extract some info on what you are doing and what the problem is:
    1.) you can't change entries on interNIC (except of log entries)
    2.) to change details on a name server of a company, you need the IP of the traget machine to search for on the name server. It should be the name server of the same company (to be found via internal service machine -> links). You can only change entries in the field "Name Servers" and the responsible persons (contacts) on the right.
    You can't change the IP or Computer Name. If you have to do so, it's a bug. I guess you have to abord the mission in that case then.
    But I've never read on such a problem. Maybe you missunderstand the mission.
    Read here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=535

If you're still stuck in one week or so. Write the exact name and mission details of the e-mail here.
    Have fun, play Doom.

PostPosted:Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:55 am 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
    AOL:FinalWarrior591
    Moving this topic to Onlink Banter.

-- Griffinhart

PostPosted:Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:30 am 

You never change the DNS records on InterNIC. When you do a DNS change mission, they will give you a link to the target DNS server, which of course you have to hack. Beware of proxies!

PostPosted:Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:05 pm 

Ok, I'll check this, these missions have stopped to come now

Now I want some help in those missions "help to bankrupt a rival" I got to ask: I must hack into all bank or there is a way to get the person's ip personal computer? I got his phone but I can't get his IP.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I got Monitor Bypass 12 but I saw a system runing a monitor Bypass 13, what is the latest version of it?

PostPosted:Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:55 pm 
    Literally Nine

People use ISPs now. These ISPs can be identified by the existence of "Network Access Servers" instead of public access servers. Somewhere within these companies, records are kept.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:51 am 

Quote:
    People use ISPs now. These ISPs can be identified by the existence of "Network Access Servers" instead of public access servers. Somewhere within these companies, records are kept.

Thank you so lot. I got it

and about the Bypasses? which version is the ultimate version?

PS? I was hacking into a medical center (guess is it) and I saw a B.Monitor level 100 ahuhauhauhaua I guess is not done yet hun?

EDIT: Now I got some of these missions: help to bankrupt a rival, but apparently have some names that couldn't be found, I'm looking in the 3 sites: Cable Name Server, BSC Name Server and Terralink Name Server but I couldn't find. Is there another name server?

PostPosted:Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:56 pm 
    Literally Nine

There is no ultimate version that security measures or disablers/bypassers reach. They just keep going, and hard.

This is somewhat changed in 0.2.x:
    Quote:
    Miah Clayton <miah@ferrousmoon.com>
    Date: Thu Jan 1 23:24:19 2009 -0600

Adaptive security fixed.

A few things to mention here. First is that version updates are now throttled, meaning that updates can only be seen every seven to ten days, rather than 15 or more in a week like what's been happening. In addition, disablers and bypassers take a few days before they are released. People don't instantaniously crack stuff the second it's live.

This was deemed acceptable due to the thottle back on the killers' tick requirements several revisions ago.
    As before, higher levels are not guaranteed at any time. It could happen that you have several weeks before a new version of something comes along... it all depends on how aggressively you're doing missions.

Also, instead of the 10% and 20% price increase per version of disabler and bypasser respectively, the price increase is based on the average increase per version up to that point.

Also, in a later revision, one that has not been finished yet, you will be able to update software for the price (currentversion - yourversion) * 1.1 rather than buying the whole thing over again.

That's a 5500c cost for an upgrade of monitor bypass 6.0 from 5.0, rather than a 30000c cost.

MedDB is not done in 0.1.2, and I hope to finish it soonish for 0.2.0.

Also, for your issue, email me your profile and the names of the people you're looking for.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 pm 

Quote:
    There is no ultimate version that security measures or disablers/bypassers reach. They just keep going, and hard.
    really? this is so great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have finished uplink about a year ago and I'm so excited with onlink.

Something happens everytime with my onlink 0.1.2 SSE2 version (I have a pentium IV HT so I guess the SSE2 is made for Pentium IV, ins't?) the game always paralize for a few seconds then go, paralize after a few minutes then go again, is this normal? or it's just me?

PostPosted:Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 am 

normal (till next release, as far as I understand it), it's beeing discussed. -> viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1460&start=75

A tutorial on how to manage to find ISP's (for missions, where you only have the name of a person), watch Miah's fabulous video with the manly voice of a sick Miah *g*
    -> http://onlink-mod.net/Onlink.0.1.2.002.mov
    There are reported issues with peoples names not appearing in the name servers.
    As you can read in here -> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1079&start=0&hilit ... .2.002.mov

In case you find the bug on closed bank accounts too. here -> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1582&start=0

For anything else:
    Please search the forum first. Please.

Last edited by ghost_sypher on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 am 

Quote:
    normal (till next release, as far as I understand it), it's beeing discussed. -> viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1460&start=75

A tutorial on how to manage to find ISP's (for missions, where you only have the name of a person), watch Miah's fabolous video with the manly voice of a sick Miah *g*
    -> http://onlink-mod.net/Onlink.0.1.2.002.mov
    There are reported issues with peole not appearing in the name servers.
    As you can read in here -> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1079&start=0&hilit ... .2.002.mov

In case you find the bug on closed bank accounts too. here -> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1582&start=0

For anything else:
    Please search the forum first. Please.

Man You always help me hun? thanks you so lot, I will look for the answers before start asking ok?

PostPosted:Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:11 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
    AOL:FinalWarrior591
    Quote:
    Something happens everytime with my onlink 0.1.2 SSE2 version (I have a pentium IV HT so I guess the SSE2 is made for Pentium IV, ins't?) the game always paralize for a few seconds then go, paralize after a few minutes then go again, is this normal? or it's just me?
    If this is what I think it is, then yes, it's normal for 0.1.2F (and, AFAIR, all previous versions). That's Onlink's autosave feature. Miah's drastically fixed it (according to his posts in... one of those stickied threads in the General forum) for 0.2.x.

-- Griffinhart