Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Onlink money...
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm 

i just downloaded modlink the other day, ive played uplink before but never modlink. ive done all the missions up to level 5 (where u start tracing banks etc,
    ive only bought the bare essentials needed for previous missions and completed ALL missions that i possibly can and i dont have enough money to buy the essentials to hack a bank. what am i doing wrong? if i had the essential to hack a bank i would just rob one.

anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

PS. i hear of a cheat menu, also ive been on the protovision game server and found the hints menu which just tells you how to get the UPLINK cheat menu, someone please just put me out of my misery and PM me how to do it :P

thanks!

good mod though :D

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:26 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
    AOL:FinalWarrior591
    Uh, first of all, this forum is for Onlink, not "Modlink". Dunno if you're talking about Onlink or something else...

Second of all, it'll take a while to earn up the cash to crack a bank. You need the latest in Bypassers (or at least the latest in Monitor Bypass and a couple of Killers), plus you'll need SYS.VDPinView (or whatever it's called; I forget) to be able to crack the VD Pin, and you'll also need the Voice Analyser.

So that'll run you probably 30k+. Money is hard to come by in this game... I recommend doing every mission you can.

-- Griffinhart

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:17 pm 

sorry i meant onlink, and ive done every mission i can.

whats with this cheat menu does that involve money? :P

Post subject:
    PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 pm 

Yahoo Messenger:Squall591
    AOL:FinalWarrior591
    It's the same cheat menu from original Uplink (pre-patch) or FBI mod. You access it the same way... but the right input to access it is slightly different. You have to get the correct player name and screen name at character creation.

The Protovision Game Server has a hint. This topic is where we discuss the secrets of Onlink, of which the cheat menu is one.

-- Griffinhart

Post subject:Re: Onlink money...
    PostPosted:Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 am 

Actually it doesn't take all that to get money from a bank. Really all you need to do is get to the missions where you get the "Track a suspicious money transfer" or whatever it is. That will give you the account number(s) that you will want to hack. Usually they will be at least 1/2 million or more involved in the transfer you are tracing. As others have said, they have problems doing a transfer without getting caught, however, I have never had that issue. Easiest way is to create an account on the bank where all the money is located. All you should need is a higher level monitor, firewall, and proxy bypasses (usually lvl5 will do for banks) and maybe a B.Monitor, but not all banks have that security in place. Usually by the time I make it to the trace bank transfers, I already have all those items in place (mainly because I don't bother purchasing low number bypass and waste all the money on something that will only last 4-5 missions).

Once you have the account on the bank you are going to hack, put up all the bypassers that are needed, and start hacking the account with all the cash in it. Transfer the funds and immediately delete the transfer log in that account's statement. Click on the done to log out of the account (but not the bank), and then click on the "manage account" to log into your account that you created. Since all the bypassers are all still running, you can easily delete the deposit log from your statement. Log off and then cover your tracks for the passive trace. In a few moments you will get a email from Uplink about being promoted to an uber-hacker... or whatever, and you are rich. Now you can just transfer the cash from that account to your uplink bank account, and close the account on the other bank (this seems to fix the problem with overdrawing accounts). I have done that 4 times now in Onlink without problems. I did it the same way all the time in standard Uplink and it always worked there.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:58 am 

Actually, IME, you don't need to open another bank account. The uplink guide describes how to do this kind of hacking in sufficient detail.

PostPosted:Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:18 am 

would someone mind pming me how to get the cheat menu on 0.2.0, i appear to be too dumb to figure it out :? thanks in advance

PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 am 

I'm pretty sure the cheat menu got removed/changed at some point, because I recall no longer being able to access it to play around with the newest things Miah had put in.

PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 am 

The cheat menu is only available for dev now.