Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Challenge Five: An Efficient Tree Structure
PostPosted:Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:12 pm 

Oh oooo, ouch. Okay, you got me but there are a few problems with your statements as they stand.
Quote:
And try to explain to any Intel or AMD engineer that Java performs just as well as native code. It's complete and utter bullshit. hardware engineers know this, and you'd be laughed out of the room.
Okay I am really not going to even bother trying to explain the difference between this reality and your dream world where people actually said what you think they did.[/bastard] But I will say I never 'said' that Java performs just as well as native code, in fact I said the exact opposite.
Quote:
I know some people hate Java and I know its preformance can sometimes lack compaired along side its natively compiled peers (C, C++, C#, etc).
While this may of imply that in some cases its preformance is compairable to that of natively compiled code, I never said anything of the sort. Thankyou however for your comment.
Quote:
As for getting a free C++ compiler, you could use Cygwin if you wanted. Just select 'gcc' when installing. I also recommend adding 'make', 'git', 'ncurses', and a few other useful libraries and applications.
Um yes, thankyou I know this already, I was referring to about 6 years ago.
Quote:
The fact that I haven't programmed C++ in years is the reason I don't program it now, really I left C++ because I didn't have a compiler (~6 years ago).
Quote:
JIT is a method emulation. It's NOT NATIVE CODE. Try running a C# application or Java application on a machine without a JRE or .NET framework (Mono or the official one, whichever). It CAN'T be done, because the code isn't native. It's bytecode. Yes, it's "compiled on the fly" with JIT, but that's a massive detriment to performance, and it's truly just acting as an emulator for the virtual machine that the bytecode is designed for.
Yes but you we're claiming it was intepreted and thats just plain wrong (because its not). I should of better specified what it was compiled into, but that is such as it is at 4 AM. (I was not inherently wrong with the MSIL libraries, but there was alot more implied that I was wrong about, but I never said any of that). I was wrong when I listed C# as natively compiled in my original quick list however.
Quote:
"really really mean for me"? What the fuck?
Um, I mean by saying that I was inferring that my next statement was rather out of place and overly insulting compaired to my standard behavior. Okay? Sorry for that.

You fly off the handle far to easily, this is just a simple breakdown in communication.

Really you are limiting yourselves by hating or disapproving things like this, I never said anything against C or C++ besides that I personally don't use them, while you seem to have a vendetta against anything you deem as inferior (Java, C#, etc). You generally can get further by keeping an open mind even to things you have in personally experience found to be unreliable or distasteful.

I don't hate BASIC or anything else for that matter, dispite being legacy or out of date or not as 'good' as something else, while I may seem acid and sarcastic I had the best of intentions for setting you off. So that you can see your own problem. Calm, rational decisions and clear judgement should always be held and kept.

I myself had a short temper for many years and had simular personal vendetta's. No, I am not about to try and sell you religion. I changed my tune a few years ago when I met a senior programmer at Google. I however take it a step further with humility, never using fowl language and being able to admit when i'm wrong.

I am not better then you and I never said that so please do not go there, I am just different in my views, you can take it or leave it. But I find that I enjoy being at peace with others more enjoyable then being at war (abeit it is not as exciting most the time).

I am sure you will are planning to reply with something indignant, so please go ahead. I'm not perfect, I know I can be wrong, and it has happened before. But just remember this was started by your dislike of Java all I did was defend it against your alligations (and even then, not really well either, your the one that dug the hole).

Edit: I edited it a few times to fix some grammer and spelling issues that make reading it difficult.

Last edited by Chase on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:45 pm 
Organ Donor

Quote:
I myself had a short temper for many years and had simular personal vendetta's. No I am not about to try and sell you religion, I changed my tune a few years ago when I met a senior programmer at Google.
Heh, Google might as well be a religion.

Pleasantville by Night, a humorous horror web RPG

PostPosted:Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I myself had a short temper for many years and had simular personal vendetta's. No I am not about to try and sell you religion, I changed my tune a few years ago when I met a senior programmer at Google.
Heh, Google might as well be a religion.
It could be, it just depends on which definition you use. I am personally non-religious.

I however was referring to the way I was talking about how I suddenly changed not being due to religion. I met someone, I found the way they did things was good, they gave me some advice and then I made my own choice.

not that I am insinuating anyone here needs to be changed or fixed. I am just relaying my personal views, I do think having a short fuse is a bad thing though (you can say such stupid things).

PostPosted:Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 am 

Watching you people argue is like watching God make love to a star.

It's one of the most incredible things you'll ever see, but if you try to understand it it'll leave you foamy-mouthedly stark-raving mad.

Back to Actuarial studies...

Numbers, Money, Math, Numbers, Money, Math, an endlessly fun cycle, akin to "I have leftover Cheese, I should get Chips and make Nachos" combined with "I have leftover Chips, I should get Cheese and make Nachos."

PostPosted:Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:35 pm 

Meh, I could probably actually do this challenge, but means I would have to remember how to code in C and then learn to do C++. Not currently high on my todo list though. If I decide to give it a go i'll tell you.