Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:Re: Onlink v0.2.0-a8
PostPosted:Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:21 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
I put an Onlink folder into Application Support, no debug log, and Onlink still quits.
You're going to have to launch via the Terminal to get any meaningful output, I'm afraid. Would you?

PostPosted:Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 pm 

AOL:VaiusArkollos

PostPosted:Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm 

Quote:
I forgot to mention in the post: save times on Mac and Linux are instantaneous. If your save times are really that bad, you may want to try another OS.
Yeah, people had told me that already... unfortunately, I can't install Linux on this PC... my boss wouldn't be very happy about it :mrgreen:

PostPosted:Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 pm 
Literally Nine

Vaius: Please hit the Report... button and paste us what comes out of that.

PostPosted:Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 pm 

Process: Onlink [5296]
Path: /Users/clintbeymer/Desktop/Daniel/Games/Ambrosia/Onlink.app/Contents/MacOS/Onlink
Identifier: com.ferrousmoon.onlink
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [80]

Interval Since Last Report: 2877300 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 69
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 37

Date/Time: 2009-07-14 21:47:18.786 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: C3ED7C70-2B5F-443B-8C4F-8D32EAC0FE59

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL_image.framework/Versions/A/SDL_image
Referenced from: /Users/clintbeymer/Desktop/Daniel/Games/Ambrosia/Onlink.app/Contents/MacOS/Onlink
Reason: image not found

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 am 

Quote:
I'm aware of which change did this. Hopefully you guys can survive without Log Deleter for a while, we'd ideally like to fix a few more bugs before we do another build. :)
That's fine. This is an alpha version. Can't expect every alpha build to work flawlessly (or get hotfixes if it doesn't), right?. If I want a bugless game, I'll go back to the latest stable version, that's all. Should be the same for other people using this build.
Quote:
Was it stuck there, or did it just not print a time for it? If the game was responsive, then it wasn't actually still loading LANs.
I don't remember for sure about that particular case, but I just tried it twice and the game was responsive, so I suppose everything's fine.
Quote:
The x86_64 build can't do backtraces, which means we don't get useful debugging information from it. Can you try reproducing this on an x86 build, bugreporting it to Bugzilla and posting the backtrace it gives for that warning?
Here it is:
I still have no idea what triggers it, but it seems to have popped up after I started clicking everywhere on the HUD. I can run more tests to try to isolate it if you think that'd help finding the cause of the error.

EDIT: Ah, there. That error message shows up when I click the passcode under the Uplink Test Machine login screen. Figures. Going to keep testing.

EDIT2: I was going to take some in-game screenshots in case any were needed, and found out that I'm unable to. When the Onlink window is selected, it only takes a screenshot of my desktop with a small black rectangle in the top-left corner of the screen. That's for the x86 version. The x86-64 version just takes a screenshot of whichever other windows are "behind" the Onlink window (i.e. what was displaying before I entered the game). Alt-tabbing doesn't change this. It happens both with the default windows printscreen-to-clipboard and with 3rd party snapshot software. However, this has happened with other games before, and it's almost certainly the aero feature or something similar that's causing this.

Also, upon loading my last game and re-entering the Uplink Test Machine, I found that some logs were... "missing". I had previously logged in to that machine and messed around with the log deleter and modifier, but of course hadn't succeeded in actually deleting the logs. Well, when I logged in this time, there was only the "ConnectionClosed" log from my previous login along with the new logs from my current session. Which makes no sense at all, considering I was using the Log Deleter v1.0. =\

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 am 
Literally Nine

Are you trying to takes screenshots with printscn, or with F9?

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:56 am 

EDIT: Nevermind this post.

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 am 
Literally Nine

Both of you, I guess. There's a screenshot utility in-game. Just hit F9 and the images are saved in the same place as the user profiles.

As for you, Vaius, I'll have something for you up tonight.

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 am 
Literally Nine

I lied. I'm far too impatient. Use the link above for the fix (Macs only).

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:55 am 
Literally Nine

The log deleter is confirmed broken due to a minor oversight. I kind of wish this had actually generated a compiler warning or something, because this is the sort of goof you'd expect the compiler to catch and report. But oh well.

As for the access code problem, no idea on that one yet. Ideally want to get that one fixed before the next build. What is it that happened, you logged in manually (knowing the code) and then it remembered it it incorrectly? Can you screenshot? (as Miah mentioned, F9 screenshots)

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
Literally Nine

Fix for linux uploaded. Will be a bit for Windows.

PostPosted:Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 pm 

AOL:DKWiz214
Any idea when we can expect the Windows fix at least for the log deleter? I'd like to play, but it's impossible to get any kind of money without stealing it from a bank or hacking the xml.

PostPosted:Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 am 

Quote:
As for the access code problem, no idea on that one yet. Ideally want to get that one fixed before the next build. What is it that happened, you logged in manually (knowing the code) and then it remembered it it incorrectly? Can you screenshot? (as Miah mentioned, F9 screenshots)
Yes, I logged in manually, knowing the code, and it remembered the correct code but forgot to register the username ("admin"), giving a password-only-style code (with missing text, somewhat, see the pictures below for comparison) that when clicked produces the error I mentioned previously. And yes, I did forget to try F9 :oops:

Here it is again, this time with screenshot. New game, added UTM through internic, bounced and connected to it, entered manually the admin username and password, logged out, loaded my bounce route, connected right back, and I get this:Image
Clicking that code produces the "WARNING: (...)" error in the CrissCross console. It also gives the normal "click" sound just like clicking a regular link or code. Notice that it should read:
(this code was obtained with the password breaker after logging out and back in)

I also tried, for completeness' sake, "guessing" the InterNIC password (read: opening the xml, finding the password, entering that password in internic), and this time something unexpected happened. It produced the same bug visually and gameplay-wise (i.e. in-game), but when clicked the InterNIC code does not produce the above CrissCross error. It just plain does nothing at all when clicked.

I've also noticed that these "guessed" (but bugged) codes do not save. Once you've produced that not-working code, logging out then logging back in effectively clears it - it's not there anymore. This happens for both the InterNIC code and the UTM code.

For reference, InterNIC code obtained with password cracker (clicking this code works normally):

InterNIC code obtained by "guessing" (or in this case, getting the code from the save file) (clicking this code has no effect whatsoever, except producing a "click" sound as if you had clicked a regular code):

EDIT: Just remembered to create a Bugzilla ticket: http://www.ferrousmoon.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=114

Last edited by DaFranker on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 am 
Literally Nine

Can I assume this happens not with a new game, but only after you've exited the game once and reentered it?