Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted:Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:25 pm 

Hello, I was a player of Uplink, Look forward to seeing what Onlink has to offer w/ the new updates.. thanks Team

Post subject:Re: Is the Onlink community dead?
PostPosted:Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:13 am 

Quote:
Consider this a roll call. I'm wondering who out there even cares if we do Onlink releases anymore. With the lack of bug reports and forum posts, it seems to me that the Onlink community is nearly dead. This is rather unfortunate, if it is indeed the case. We've finally gotten an organized system for implementing the Onlink mod (SVN is extremely useful), an organized system for reporting bugs (Bugzilla), and we're making good progress. But is anyone downloading and using what we release?

I've seen only a few scant posts by Onlink players, but only usually when they have problems with something in our release or need help with a new feature.

So please, if you are a player of Onlink, let us know by replying here. Even if you're a regular forum whore here.

Thank you.
HECK NO I am an avid fan!!!
I just don't check that often cause school and because Onlink.com hadn't released anything too new
PLEASE keep up the AWESOME work!!!

Post subject:LOVING ONLINK
PostPosted:Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:30 am 

Yahoo Messenger:none
AOL:none
i've been playing onlink too much to post lmao. :P :P :D :P

we gotta set up like a place were ppl can have live chat i know the main game irc chat is one but i never seen anyone online.... either that or its cause i'm in uk..... either that or advertising this game somewere.

i know it costs but some ppl here should have sites that would be "willing" to put a banner on the side with onlink all over it? i would if i had a site :(

Post subject:
PostPosted:Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:38 pm 

I regularly check out the forums, and I'm eagerly waiting for builds with interesting features, like the compiler that may be included in 0.1.3 (as far as i've heard). I don't add much when it comes to bug reports and stuff (I don't even have that many posts :p ), but I would find it unfortunate if this project were halted.

Post subject:Is the Onlink community dead?
PostPosted:Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:57 pm 

I'm posting for the first time just to offer some support. Love what you've done!

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We're also going to try and focus on things that a few of you have brought to light, such as the boring old storyline.
I am thoroughly affronted, sir. A pox upon your house. ;)

No problem, you changed it too much anyway. ;D

*Gets to work*
I referred to the one that Introversion had. Heh.
Ah I see. ;)

Well the original drafts of the Onlink story weren't amazing either I have to say, but it seems as if the majority of the good ideas have made it into the current iteration of Onlink.

Miah and I have discussed this recently and I feel it could do with some tightening up, filling out and general background and foreground padding to the information availiable as to how the Onlink situation came about, nothing major but maybe a few more prominent aspects of the story emphazised in a more relatable way.

I'm currently studying for my MCSE/MCNA (I know, I know, *nix rules etc etc, but the money's better so spare me ;) ) so I'm busy 4-8 hours a day but I'll definately be devoting some free time to fleshing out the post-Uplink universe a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:17 pm 

Alive and kicking! Is really nice onlink, better than the almost boring uplink. I read that there are many and many features coming out. So i'm always checking news!!! Great work guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:55 am 

I don't post here much, but if it's necessary to keep onlink going then so be it. Onlink brought Uplink back for me. It's awesome.

I still play KoriaLanLaded Legacy (Or that's what it's named on my zip file) from AGES ago, mainly 'cus i think it's got the most features at the moment, but when i get chance i'm gonna try out the new releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:08 pm 
Literally Nine

Quote:
I still play KoriaLanLaded Legacy [...] from AGES ago...
I didn't think anyone still had a working copy. Think you could zip that up and email it to me? While my computer was stolen, I did hide some production notes on the last beta that was out that would help me with 0.1.3.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:45 pm 

What's your email?

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:46 pm 

I have Korialanlade too, I also have onlink install 1.1.0, mod pack, onlink nightly 15, and a the uplink patch 1.60

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:31 pm 
Literally Nine

I PM'd both of you FTP details.

They would be pretty big for email attachments :P

Post subject:
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:15 pm 

Unless it's necessary i'll leave out of this as the other guy appears to have what I have plus more, and it's been a LONG time since i used FTP.

Post subject:
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:44 am 

Still play Onlink when i have some free time, always happy to hear of new updates. Keep up the good work

Post subject:
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:34 pm 

Just chiming in to say that I'm here and I love me some onlink.

My attempts to find the easter eggs have been fruitless though, I'm afraid. :(